elderly lady in a sari

Archives for 2010
leila78
Diamond Member

elderly lady in a sari

Post by leila78 »

Hi,

I would be grateful for your thoughts /ideas on this dream – thank you.

I was walking down what seemed like a country lane, it was actually the pathway leading out of my junior high school. The national no.1 fencer was behind me and he was throwing a spear that seemed to miss my head went into grounds next to the school grounds, he wore a white sweater and bright pink trousers. He went to retrieve the spear, I continued walking, next he was seated at a computer to the right of the path in front of me. As I walked past I noticed a horizontal whirl wind forming just to the right of his head which was indicative of a big storm. I said to him 'this happens when your around' and I started to walk very quickly as I knew it would rain.

I walked up Hay Lane into a nice woman's clothing store just as it started to get dark outside. As I walked up a slightly narrow isle pushing a steam cleaning brush (it seemed light inside), the shop assistant firstly wondered what I was doing and assumed I worked there when she saw me pushing the steamer brush. As I walked up I saw an Indian woman in her 60's changing , I could see as she stared at me that she looked like she was resigned to doing something reluctantly - I also noticed she had a very young/youthful looking face for her age. As I turned the corner of the shop, now with a downward slope, there was another Indian lady who was washing her hands in a sink to the left of the shop/isle; the Indian lady was now changing into a sari.

I suddenly heard a voice say 'the difference between this lady (sari lady) and the other lady is that she has a degree that is why she can be paid more for doing mendi (art work on hands with henna) than the other,

Blessings,

L.
Grace
Diamond Member

Post by Grace »

Truth is- in India a degree makes all the difference. An uneducated woman in India can make about Rs 50 to Rs 100. That is 1 or 2 USD. An educated woman on the otherhand can make10 to 20 times as much.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deut 31:6
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

There are also issues with the caste system that exsists in India - i will continue to pray for insight and wisdom concerning this dream,

Thanks,

L.