cliff jumping

Archives for 2010
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

cliff jumping

Post by thesharpeningstone »

I saw people cliff jumping. There were large rocks where the people were jumping. My thoughts were that it was very dangerous.
They were only missing the rocks by a couple feet.
I was not jumping nor was I on the cliff. I watched from the sky. No one seemed to notice me.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

PRESUMPTION comes to mind:

Definition of PRESUMPTION (merriam webster online)

: presumptuous attitude or conduct : audacity
a : an attitude or belief dictated by probability : assumption
b : the ground, reason, or evidence lending probability to a belief
: a legal inference as to the existence or truth of a fact not certainly known that is drawn from the known or proved existence of some other fact
Examples of PRESUMPTION

The trial was unfair from the beginning because there was no presumption of innocence.
a defendant's right to a presumption of innocence
Origin of PRESUMPTION

Middle English presumpcioun, from Anglo-French presumption, from Late Latin & Latin; Late Latin praesumption-, praesumptio presumptuous attitude, from Latin, assumption, from praesumere
First Known Use: 13th century
Related to PRESUMPTION

Synonyms: audaciousness, audacity, brashness, brass, brassiness, brazenness, cheek, cheekiness, chutzpah (also chutzpa or hutzpah or hutzpa), crust, face, gall, nerve, nerviness, pertness, effrontery, presumptuousness, sauce, sauciness, temerity

The fact you were watching from the sky indicates a higher perspective. I wondered what happened to the folk when they missed the rocks by a couple fo feet...did you see htem fall/where to?

Another thoguht which struck me is the phrase: A leap of faith

A leap of faith meaning:
a choice made in an area of ultimate concern = a leap of faith

So perhaps presumption is operative or perhaps you are seeing those who are training and growing their faith.....?

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3