dress on backwards

Archives for 2011
kse
Platinum Member

dress on backwards

Post by kse »

I would just like to get thoughts from others about this. In a dream I was wearing a sun dress just like one I own in real life; it's very colorful with lots of prints all over it, and yellow is the main color.

In the dream I realized I was wearing the dress backwards. All the print and colors were on the back, and the front of the dress was plain yellow. Anyway, I think the fact that it was backwards was most important.

Thanks!
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
love2baqt

Post by love2baqt »

This is very interesting, but without knowing you personally it is very hard to say what this could represent to you. My only thoughts are that a female posistion you take.. this could be wife, mother, sister, daughter... is being streched to thin you are giving to much of yourself to the other half of this relationship and it is bringing you down but you dont want this person who is streching you to thin, or bringing you down to know. was there anyone else in the dream with you?
~Autumn~
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

I guess to go more indepth, I have just come back from running with my niece and we have changed out of our running clothes. Along the way (there were other runners as well) she befriended a questionable young man. I am hanging around to chaperone her, as I don't trust him. He gives me a leer, which causes me to look down at my dress. This is when I notice it is on backwards. I am somewhat embarrassed, but mostly because of the way he is looking at me, as if to shame me for my stupidity in putting it on the wrong way. Later on, I leave her and him in the company of others in a bar with other people we know, and I walk out the back door, where my husband is awaiting me in the parking lot. That's the whole dream. As I'm writing I'm getting revelation, but the dress part is what stumps me.
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
love2baqt

Post by love2baqt »

well with that new info I could go in many different directions LOL but that would require me asking more questions about you and your niece...but it sounds as if the answer is coming to you already. The only thing I can say is that the dress is representing a part of you or a feeling you have that you are trying to keep hidden. given the fact that you didn't know the dress was on backwards leads me to think that you dont realize that you are hiding these feelings. ?????
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Autumn, I'm really not sure. If it is about feelings, it isn't hitting home at the moment, but it seems to make sense that something is coming forward that was behind. As for my niece, she's my husband's niece who is in college and I don't know her well. It could be her name that's important; in her case it means "helper of mankind" or "defending men".
love2baqt

Post by love2baqt »

Its funny how just a little bit of new info can change someones outlook... when you mentioned niece, my thoughts went to that of a young girl because all my nieces and nephews are children/babies LOL but I think you are right in the fact that your niece has nothing to do with the dream I like the idea of her representing her name, but could it also be that she is representing an age?? sorry if i'm completly off on this but i've never tried to unravle strangers dreams, only people i know personaly...could it be that when you were your nieces age you felt the need to protect someone or something and (like you suggested) what you thought was once behind you is now in front of you?? although, I'm sorry, but I can't shake the feeling of some sort of hidden feeling, like that of betrayal, or let down .... hhmm maybe I just need to clear my own head LOL
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Backwards

–adjective
directed toward the back or past.
reversed; returning: a backward movement; a backward journey.
behind in time or progress; late; slow: a backward learner; a backward country.
bashful or hesitant; shy:

did the backwards seem good, bad or embarrassing? My thoughts were on how you may feel old school in values ( u chaperoning since u didn't like the young man). Young people nowadays may call that backwards thinking but my personal opinion is that there is much more junk going on today with children because we have come away from the conservative, Bible-based values our elders lived by.

Bar--makes me think of the world where worldly ways/thinking reign.

Hope this helps you out! Shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Keilani, thank you. I was wondering if "defender of men" might pertain to anti-feminist sentiments. I tend to be perceived as too old-fashioned, yes. I think possibly my dress being on "backward" did relate to a perception of me, so I think you are onto something. I felt embarrassed, but more embarrassed at the young man's expression than anything.

In the dream I did not wish to stay at the bar not only because it isn't my scene but because of the way I was dressed. I knew everyone would see my dress was on backward, and everyone else was in muted colors or black, so I stood out. That would fit with feeling old-fashioned morally.

Sometimes I overly nitpick about things in a dream, but how about all the print being on the back and the front of the dress being solid yellow? Is that like solidarity?
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Aloha kse!
I do not think you are overly nitpicking. God is a God of detail; look at how detailed the Ark of the Covenant instructions were and everything served a purpose! So if you have a God dream, and a point or part (or a dream in general maybe you just filed away) keeps coming back to memory, it is good to talk to Him about it to see if He is trying to bring further revelation! He has done this with me many times:)

So the back of the dress (which was now on your front) had the print? And the front which was now on the back was yellow?

I do have some thoughts if I'm reading this right for you to take into prayer:)

Yellow--backing i think is interesting. Found this on the "yellow ribbon" origin from:

Early Puritan history

The song/poem "She wore a yellow ribbon" has appeared in various forms for at least four centuries. It is based upon the same general theme. A woman of destiny is under some sort of test or trial as she waits for her beloved to return. Will she be true to him?

The print or pattern in the front (although it is technically the back ie. support), I'm seeing as the Pattern set forth in His word for how to conduct our lives. It in on the front because this is what is seen by others.

The bar--i see as the World.

We are put into it and have the choice to stand for the pattern set in the Word or to choose to back down because we are fearful of how others will perceive us.

I think this is the place we come to as we grow and mature in our walk with Him, that we will not be afraid to stand for His principles in love and never with a judgmental or condemning attitude towards others...much like a loving parent would teach even a child who doesn't always obey.

Blessings kse and may He give you full understanding! shalom!
***More To Come***

and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Actually, the print is on the back in the dream, the front is solid yellow. But like you said, it's on backward so I suppose it's reverse. The actual dress in real life has solid yellow just at the top portion and colorful prints all over the rest of the dress, front and back. It's definitely interesting to me that all the print would be on one side of the dress.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

praying He will give you full revelation sweetie! Shalom and blessing on you and your household in 2011:)
***More To Come***