BATHING BABY

Archives for 2011
lisaray
Silver Member

BATHING BABY

Post by lisaray »

I WAS IN A HOUSE. I HAD A BABY WHO WAS ABOUT ONE OR TWO YEARS OLD. I AM NOT SURE OF THE GENDER. I HAD PREPARED A MEAL AND I WAS GOING TO GIVE MY BABY A BATH THEN FEED HER/HIM. BUT SOME LADY CAME UP TO ME AND TOLD ME I NEEDED TO FEED THE BABY FIRST THEN GIVE HIM/HER A BATH, BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY. BECAUSE I FELT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF SHE/HE WAS CLEAN BEFORE SHE ATE.

I
Divine Temple of God Holiness Church
Diamond Member

Re: BATHING BABY

Post by Newbie »

lisaray wrote:I WAS IN A HOUSE. I HAD A BABY WHO WAS ABOUT ONE OR TWO YEARS OLD. I AM NOT SURE OF THE GENDER. I HAD PREPARED A MEAL AND I WAS GOING TO GIVE MY BABY A BATH THEN FEED HER/HIM. BUT SOME LADY CAME UP TO ME AND TOLD ME I NEEDED TO FEED THE BABY FIRST THEN GIVE HIM/HER A BATH, BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY. BECAUSE I FELT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF SHE/HE WAS CLEAN BEFORE SHE ATE.
I
Hello Lisa Ray, this baby looks like your calling or ministry. The lady is telling you that it needs to feed the Word first before it is sanctified; hence the bath. This is just a thought, disregard if it does not resonates. God Bless!!!
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hello, Lisaray,

When I read your dream a conversation we had at a Bible study came to mind. The question was whether a person's salvation was a result of their repentance (bath -getting clean) and then coming in faith to Christ or whether a person first came in faith to Christ and he then granted them the ability to repent.

It sounds like splitting hairs, but ideas have consequences. An example of this would be when my husband's elderly grandmother came to faith in Jesus Christ and asked to be baptised. The church we were attending refused her request because she smoked cigarettes -and had been a smoker for 60 years. They felt she woud be a bad witness to the young people. Now in years she was mature, but in Christ she was a baby. She didn't have all her doctrinal ducks in a row and she did not live a pure life (not that any of the elders did either :roll: ) although she really wanted to quit smoking. She went away discouraged thinking God would not accept her until she did. My husband, also a relatively new Christian, took up her case and laid the scripture before the church elders that sanctification is a work of the Holy Spirit in our lives as we respond to Him. Acts 11:18 and 2 Tim 2:25 talk about repentance being granted by God. 2 Corinthians 7:10 talks about the sorrow that God sends which leads to repentance. The verse that keeps coming to mind is this one:

Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. 2 We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. 3 Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?

I believe this dream is very important. Does the baby need to be cleaned up? Yes! Absolutely! But as we see people coming to faith in Jesus Christ in larger numbers (and I do believe we will see this soon) they will come with all their old habits. Their desire to change will come about through the kindness of God, and the love that is shown to them as they are fed the word of God, and the Holy Spirit convicts them of what needs work first. (It might not be what we think should go first.)

Another illustration of this is my son's story of when his little boy was being toilet trained. When he had an "accident" he would hide from his Daddy in the closet. He lived, miserably, in that closet in his mess, when he needed to call out to his Daddy who was the only one who could clean him up. When he was re-assured of Daddy's love (fed the good news) he came out of the closet into his Daddy's arms and allowed himself to be changed (and receive instruction on how to avoid that situation next time).

So many people think they have to get their act together first before they can seek the Lord. They are so hungry but their sins have separated them from God. As long as they are focussed on their mess, they are not looking to the one who can nourish them and clean them up. They need to know that God is good.

Even in the Lord's prayer we are shown the pattern of first acknowledging God as our father, worshipping him, giving his plans first priority, then asking to be fed, then confessing our sins and turning from unforgivesness. To come into prayer focusing on our sins first is to be self-absorbed and distracted from the One who enables us to overcome those things.

"...looking unto Jesus , the author and finisher of our faith."Hebrews 12:2

I wonder if the dream means if you are tending babes in Christ you need to feed them before you try to fix them.

By the way, after she was baptised Granny was able to quit smoking with the Lord's help.

--for your discernment--
...that I might know Him...
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

this reminds me of something, so often times people believe that they have to "get right with God" before they come to church, when in fact it is just the opposite.
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
lisaray
Silver Member

bathing baby

Post by lisaray »

I understand your reply, but the feeling I had in the dream was that I wanted the baby to take a bath and eat so that it could rest right after.
Divine Temple of God Holiness Church
Diamond Member

Re: bathing baby

Post by Newbie »

lisaray wrote: I understand your reply, but the feeling I had in the dream was that I wanted the baby to take a bath and eat so that it could rest right after.
You wanted the the baby to be clean (baptized) before eating (receiving the Word or the Lord) so it can rest right (find peace). But the lady is telling you that you need to feed it (recieve the Word or recieve the Lord) before you bathe it (baptism by the Holy Spirit).
Before someone can be baptized they must have salvation, meaning accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, then they can be baptized and find peace.
I am not saying that you are doing this in your ministry but this is what I am seeing with your dream. In your dream it looks like you are attempting to have your "baby" being baptized or filled with the Spirit before it is recieving the Word or accepting Jesus first:
lisaray wrote: I WAS GOING TO GIVE MY BABY A BATH THEN FEED HER/HIM. BUT SOME LADY CAME UP TO ME AND TOLD ME I NEEDED TO FEED THE BABY FIRST THEN GIVE HIM/HER A BATH, BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY. BECAUSE I FELT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF SHE/HE WAS CLEAN BEFORE SHE ATE.
I believe the lady may have been a Godly agent to help you. In your dream it seems that you are being led by your feelings and not that of the Spirit.
For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me (John 17:8 ).
spiritledd
Diamond Member

very intresting stuff

Post by spiritledd »

Very intresting stuff here :D ...made me think of Luke 18:9-14

9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Last edited by spiritledd on Mon May 30, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

SOME LADY CAME UP TO ME AND TOLD ME I NEEDED TO FEED THE BABY FIRST THEN GIVE HIM/HER A BATH, BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY.
Who do you feel the lady in the dream represented?

Appears to me the dream is about divine order.

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Did God have you involved in a ministry or business or otherwise the last one to two years (represented by the baby)

I agree it seems like "divine order"

So Who you think the lady represents is probably important

because could be pointing out that the Lord is telling you to FEED THE BABY first, but you are intent in cleaning it first

Let's say you were helping down and outers- this could be like:

God wanted their immediate and spiritual needs met first but you were busy making sure they were washed and got a job etc. . . .

But could be that the lady represents another person/people or even establishment that wants your "ministry or your business etc. " to be done differently than you feel is how you are being led to do it . . .

???????????????????
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)