God As A Woman?

Archives for 2011
Diamond Member

God As A Woman?

Post by Newbie »

I now this may sound like a childish question but I am need help in interpreting a dream symbol. I had a dream of a woman who was a prophetess. This woman was flawless looking, so flawless that she looked fake; if that makes sense. He skin looked like chocolate. Her was braided in a "Pricess braid"; a braid that goes around the whole head and looks like a crown. Her black hair was like ink. She had an air of regality and grandness about her. She wore a dark red dress with hints of gold throughout the dress and wore gold jewlery with different gems. My husband who is symbolic for Jesus in my dreams held her in high regards and was feeling a certain way why I excused myself because I felt uncomfortable and ashamed to be around her. Any insight please. Thanks in advance
God Bless
Bella

Post by Bella »

I once had a dream with a woman prophet in it, but unfortunately I think it represented Jezebel.

Also red dresses to me, represent Jezebel (or red women).

Jezebel is also called the Queen of Heaven, which is what I thought of when you described the braid around the head like a crown.

Is it possible, in this dream, that your husband didn't represent Jesus?

Maybe your dream symbolism is different from mine, and maybe none of this works for you. Please consider.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Ths Bella, there is no telling with this one. However, my husband in this dream wasn't trying to decieve me but he seemed a bit taken aback that I was trying to find an excuse to leave. IRL I am weary around others and always on guard, regardless of what that person may appear to be. In this dream I wanted to leave because of this woman's air and beauty; she carried herself in a regal sense but she was not being rude or arrogant, if that makes sense? IRL, I do not take to titles or positions, I treat all the same; I am not intimated by such things. Also, the woman never spoke and now come to think about it she was somewhat taller than usual.
So I am still trying to figure it all out, thanks for your help. I will definately look it over.

God Bless
cbutler
Diamond Member

Post by cbutler »

Hi..This may help.
Gen.1:27
God created humankind in His own image,

in the image of God He created them,

male and female he created them.

I believe that God has both attributes. A man deals with the outer/ physical realm while the woman deals with the inner spiritual world. Braided hair or "reigning in" her hair symbolizes the discipline she brings to herself and to her family by making a commitment to a single "man"
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Proverbs says the spirit of wisdom is a "she".
...that I might know Him...
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

I have had a dream where a woman represented the Holy Spirit (I beleive) and I think it was a woman because of the relationship side of it.....pray for the Lords wisdom and understanding cause we never know for sure until He reveals it.......blessings!
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

dance-in-the-son wrote:I have had a dream where a woman represented the Holy Spirit (I beleive) and I think it was a woman because of the relationship side of it.....pray for the Lords wisdom and understanding cause we never know for sure until He reveals it.......blessings!
I have as well. Once I knew it was the Holy Spirit but everytime I looked the face changed to that of one of many spirit-filled women I have known in my life. Most of the time I don't see a face, just sense a Presence, but the voice can be either male or female.

Abba likes to mess with my theology sometimes. (shake up some religious constructs)

That said, many people say that a God encounter often leaves a person with an overwhelming sense of their sinfulness, but never ends there. If this was the Holy Spirit I don't think you would be content to leave without a healing or cleansing touch. That's what makes me wonder if she symbolizes Wisdom.

The Way of Wisdom Proverbs 9
1 Wisdom has built her house;
she has hewn her seven pillars.
2 She has slaughtered her beasts; she has mixed her wine;
she has also set her table.
3 She has sent out her young women to call
from the highest places in the town,
4 “Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!”
To him who lacks sense she says,
5 “Come, eat of my bread
and drink of the wine I have mixed.
6 Leave your simple ways, and live,
and walk in the way of insight.”
...that I might know Him...
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

it very well could represent Wisdom....hmmmmm
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

cbutler wrote...
Gen.1:27
God created humankind in His own image,

in the image of God He created them,

male and female he created them.
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thanks all. The feeling I had when I met this woman was one of shame. It was like I could not be in her presence because she looked immaculate. The first part of the dream could have been my natural husband but in this sequence I believe that it was Jesus because of His actions. He was somewhat irritated that I announced I had to leave. He seemed perplexed. The woman never spoke but her eyes felt like it could see through me. I also remembered she was called a prophetess and everyone was awaiting her entrance. People were flocking around her. She stopped in front of me and that is when I felt that I needed to leave. I went upstairs to the bathroom.

One dream I had, that I knew it was God without a shadow of a doubt consited of an oldman wrapping His arms around my shoulders as we were walking with another man in a vineyard. His presence was so powerful that I felt it in the natural.
However, with this woman it was not the same feeling. I just felt embarrassed and felt I could not be around perfection.
Bella

Post by Bella »

Newbie, is she the Church?
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Bella wrote:Newbie, is she the Church?
No, not in the dream she wasn't. My "husband" and I (the bride) were a couple in the dream and she was a visiting prophetess that everyone wanted to be around. At that time I was on the fence about it but had a feeling that it may have been the Father.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

I am not saying I have the interpretation to this dream, but what stands out to me is this... you were not comfortable in her presence. Seek the Lord on this, it could be a significant thing in your walk with the Lord, (not saying this is a bad thing at all, but in fact quite the opposite!)
:s20:
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch