quick vision of a train

Archives for 2011
ReBorn
Diamond Member

quick vision of a train

Post by ReBorn »

quick vision-

i'm in my car and i pull up to a railroad crossing. I have to stop because a train is coming.

then, the train (a giant-sized train) stops on the tracks in the middle of the street.

the train would not move forward or backward. it stopped right there.

when i tried to back up and go around a different way, i noticed there were some cars already lined up behind me.

i couldn't go forward and i couldn't go backward-

the train was holding everyone up! i

vision ended
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Hi, ReBorn, might the train represent a delay of some sort regarding the subject of your prayer at the time? Possibly related to your ministry or work. Training comes to mind also.

Praying you receive revelation.

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

thank you Discerning. I'm praying over this one. i'm still not sure about this one, yet.

maybe a delay like you said. thanks again!
The Lord is my Shepherd
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi ReBorn,

I dont have an interpretation, but I did find one reason that a train might not go foward or backward at a crossing.

Railroad switches (a mechanical installation enabling railway trains to be guided from one track to another at a railway junction) have been known to freeze during very cold conditions, icing up.

In many areas they now place gas heaters at many switches in order to keep the ice from forming.
Chemical sprays can also dislodge formed ice
(I guess like the stuff used to de-ice a windsheild)

Loosening/thawing the ice allows the train to either stay on a strait path or move onto a diverging track (like a turn-out)

There is not always a diverging track but sometimes two paths, that point either that the train may pass on.

I think of this as a Y section that continues in each direction, left or right.

I guess if you think of this in spiritual terms...that something along the guiding path of this train (Im not sure what the train might symbolize) May have become frozen/cold.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Gills exposition of Matthew 24:12 really stood out to me..if you would like to read it, (there are a few other commentaries here as well)

http://bible.cc/matthew/24-12.htm

Toss or keep...

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Thanks Piano!
I believe i know what the train represents and i believe you are right on about the love being waxed cold! Bless you sister.

Note to self: this dream is also related to this scripture:

2 Peter 2:7 But God also rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a righteous man who was sick of the shameful immorality of the wicked people around him. 8 Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day.
The Lord is my Shepherd
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Im glad that this gave you wider area to look at.

I am wondering, if this is an area the warmth of "The Son" can help thaw out?

Frozen in fear is a phrase that popped into my head, but then, a lot of things pop into my head, so please pray over that one.

Persecution can be firghtening, seeing the wicked prosper can be frightening. Without Jesus and His promises to bring peace and warmth to troubles.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Prophet4888
Silver Member

Post by Prophet4888 »

This is the Lord letting you know that you're not going anywhere because you're in TRAINing!!!

You need to stop looking ahead and looking behind to get out of this, because it's not going to happen. God is training you something big that's going to move a lot of people.

Hope this helps!

:D
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Hi Prophet 4888-

so are you saying that the train is actually the Lord Jesus who is holding us all up?

if so, then i will just have to park my car and wait!
I have been waiting on the Lord a long time now so i'm not that surprised :)

I had thought the train was my unbelieving husband who is hindering forward movement for me and the rest of my family.

he has this one track mind and it seems it's bent towards violence. (and often creating a hostile environment where chaos reigns)

plus, his rebellion towards God and his running away from his call has been a challenge for everyone.

anyway, thank you for your input and also Piano thank you for your input as well.

i will be praying over both! :wink:
The Lord is my Shepherd
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Sorry if i sounded bitter in my last post.

i'm really not angry or anything (i'm sure i brought some of this on myself) i would just really like to see a turn around, ya' know like a positive change towards renewal

i forgive my husband every day but it hurts to see my kids cry, etc....
i pray for their strength...........

(i probably already said more than i should about this. please forgive me)
The Lord is my Shepherd
mmg77

Post by mmg77 »

Hi Reborn!

From what I have gleaned from your dream, whatever road/path you are on, God is telling you that you are on the right path.

The train delaying you is the Lord telling you that he doesnt want you to go any further down the road right now!

Your delay maybe due to the fact that there is something further up the road God is protecting you from. So when that passes, the delay will cease and you will be allowed to continue.

The fact that there are other people behind you is also God ordained. God placed them there because he sees your tenacity and knows that if he doesn't box you in, you will find another way to proceed where he doesnt want you to go.

God knows whats up ahead. He isnt trying to frustrate you. he is keeping his word and means it when he says He wont put more on you than you can bear.

Its seems to me that whatever is up the road, God is saying He cant let you go there because your not ready yet or he is waiting for the enemy to pass before he lets you proceed.

Thats my 2 cents.
Prophet4888
Silver Member

Post by Prophet4888 »

The ones that we love most is the one that God uses to train us. :D What you think of a road-block is not a road-block but what God is training you with. God can change your circumstance in an instant, but He isn't because He's training you before He moves that train.

God has the power to change your husband's heart. [My pastor] came home to kill his wife and kids before committing suicide, but now he's changing thousands of lives.

Have faith that God knows best and follow His lead. Even in the mist of what feels like hell, He is with you and can change it in the instant.

Edited to remove link as per guidelines
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

mmg77, thank you so much for your 2 cents, they were actually worth WAY more than 2 cents to me! Bless you and thank you for the word, it did resonate with my spirit.

Prophet4888

thank you also for your words, i will be praying over everything you've mentioned and believe me i will not just ignore the responses. i will be in prayer!

thank you all!
The Lord is my Shepherd
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi ReBorn,

Whatever is happening, in your dream, there are others that are being delayed as well, so I wonder what Gods plan will be?

Makes me sortof curious, actually.

Piano
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Piano,
Hi. i had thought the other cars probably represented my children because everything affects them also, but thinking back on the vision- my kids were in the car with me, so i'm not sure about the cars behind me.
The Lord is my Shepherd
Prophet4888
Silver Member

Post by Prophet4888 »

I understood this to be...
other cars are people who are in the same position as you are... When you get though this, you will clear the road for others.