Pastor raising arms with thumbs/fingers in a triangle shape

Archives for 2011
Seer4God

Pastor raising arms with thumbs/fingers in a triangle shape

Post by Seer4God »

This was a short dream I had this morning:

I am in a church meeting/service in the sanctuary standing next to my pastor. There is a speaker at the podium and I see that the meeting is getting a bit out of control. My pastor then raises his arms and puts his thumbs and pointer fingers to make a shape of a triangle. The speaker raises his voice and states and motions toward the pastor something (not sure..like "and now our illustrious leader...") to try and quiet the congregation to listen to what the pastor needed to say.

I'm wondering about the significance of the arms raised and the triangle (or I also thought about the Greek letter delta).

Any thoughts?
Carolyn
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

well I looked up delta and it sems to mean change.

The first thing that came to my mind, was when a rabbi gives the aaronic blessing they hold their arms up about their heads and make a few triangle like shapes that are the hebrew word for shaddai.. or SHIN.. it is said that the divine presence of Abba comes down through that symbol.

but you said that the meeting was getting out of hand? how so?
Would it be possibly that your pastor was getting a message of peace out to the congregation.. peace, be still. ?

I don't know, so please take it to prayer.
Shalom!
Jen
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

LIke Jen, I too got a message of Peace relating to the pastor's motions.

That said (and recognizing you did not inquire about this part) I received a strong sense of *sarcasm* in response to what you shared about the speaker...

The speaker raises his voice and states and motions toward the pastor something (not sure..like "and now our illustrious leader...")
Perhaps it's simply your word choice...perhaps not...Papa knows.

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Seer4God

Post by Seer4God »

Thanks, I agree with the message of peace being sent out by the pastor.
The words from the speaker did strike me as odd and so it could be there was some sarcasm there, but I don't remember a real sarcastic tone of voice though. And there was some disorder--people speaking out of turn, maybe in disagreement, which would be unusual for my church. (The dream was so short though that I just have some impressions- I will have to take to prayer.)

I do think I need to pray for peace for our congregation as we are having some changes in the church: such as having an urban church that was dwindling in size--become a satellite church campus with our church.
Thanks for your insight!
janmar
Gold Member

Post by janmar »

Seer4God,

I am getting that the hand gesture symbol represents unity. Perhaps the Lord is asking you to intercede along with your pastor about unity in the church. (Ps. 133; Eph. 4).

Jan