Dreaming in Color vs. Black & White

Archives for 2011
Diamond Member

Dreaming in Color vs. Black & White

Post by Newbie »

Hello all, I need guidance on this question. My husband and I have had debates about this. My husband when he does dream, his dreams are in black and white; however, I have always dreamed in color. When I told my husband this, he laughed and thought that I was telling a Paul Bunyon tale. I ran across something recently and the author of the book stated that we all dream in black and white. However, I have always dreamed in color and some of our friends have stated that they dreamed in B&W as well. Both me and my 2 youngest dreamed in color. Is there any significance to this or is this is sign of being a "seer"? Any thoughts on this?
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi Newbie,

That's a great post.

I don't necessarily think it's a sign of a seer to dream in colour. It's probably more to do with how a brain's wired. Just guessing here. And possibly the more creative the person, the more likely they are to dream in colour?????

I wondered if your husband was colour-blind? A lot of men are colour blind - well a far greater percentage than women, anyway.

In terms of the book you mentioned, I think the author was pretty presumptuous to state that all dream in black and white - obviously not a very well researched book!

I'd have to say the vast majority of my dreams have been in colour.

I have had some with muted tones at times though. Usually they are 'dark' dreams. Probably from the dark realm. That's how it seems with my dreams anyway. They have all had 'dark' content as well.

Occasionally I've had some where a lot of the dream is muted colour, but then some parts are brightly coloured - and that seems to be so that the coloured bits will stand out as obvious symbols of something.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Hi Newbie,

No one can say across the board that there is any significance to dreaming in black and white or color as far as whether a dream is from the Lord or not (even though some other dream teachers out there say that) or whether it means someone is a seer. He's used both black and white and color in my dreams to get a point across. :)
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

For myself, almost always color. . .& I dream a lot - every night!
Have had some black & white dreams. . .and dreams without color. . .probably similar to the muted ones Elle described.

I personally think it may be a reallly deep in our subconcious dreams when it is black & white.

The muted color dreams, for me, seemed to be deep within my spiritual reality (the best way for me to describe it).
and only a couple that I remember.

I have a feeling that we may dream more in the black & white. . .& muted ~ but these are not the ones easy to remember.
Jesus is the Saviour
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

I'LL BITE :mrgreen:

I ALWAYS DREAM IN COLOR, VERY RARELY DO I DREAM IN BLACK AND WHITE.........
I HAVE ALSO HAD DREAMS WHERE THE COLORS ARE MUTED, USUALLY WHEN DEALLING WITH THE MILITARY.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN EXCEPTIONALLY GOOOOOOOD QUESTION.
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Is there any significance to this or is this is sign of being a "seer"? Any thoughts on this?
I think the significance is relative to the dreamer. I don't believe it is *a sign* of anything and would definitely steer clear of any teaching that proclaimed otherwise. Discernment is key here. (Sometimes we must eat the meat & spit out the bones). I don't pretend to have a clue why some generally dream in b&w & others in color. However, I know this with certainty....Himself speaks to each of us in a language we can comprehend. When we attempt to 'put Him in a box', so to speak, we do not limit HIM (impossible!) rather, we limit ourselves...we limit what He is able to accomplish in and through us.

God can (and does!) use what He will for His purposes. And - a word of caution here from my own experience - He has been known to change it up when we tend, in our human nature, to assign specific definitions to things, be it a symbol or the presence/absence of color in dreams or the like. Mmm...its not unlike a 'changeup' in baseball....which is a slow pitch thrown with the same motion as a fastball in order to deceive the batter. The difference is, that, instead of deceipt, His purpose is to train us to depend fully on HIM rather than symbols or patterns.
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

:like: WISDOM

DISCERNING, YOU'RE LACED WITH IT

GREAT POST :wink:
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--