Mike and Emmanuel

Archives for 2013
lainey68
Gold Member

Mike and Emmanuel

Post by lainey68 »

I posted this dream on the yahoo grop and am posting here, too.
------
I had a dream that was in several parts:

I dreamt that I was at my friends' Terry and Cindy's house--they lead our small group. The house was supposed to beir house, but in the dream it was a totally different neighborhood and different house--not a place or house I've ever been. Anyway, apparently it was late or something, so they said, 'why don't you stay over?' And they let me sleep on their couch. In the morning, another person named Mike who attends the bible study was there. He had also spent the night upstairs. We both remarked we didn't know the other was there. Mike went out the door. In real life, Mike is an engineer, but in the dream he was a fireman. He had on a a shirt with yellow suspenders like firefighters wear. They were neon yellow and for some reason I 'knew' he was on a hazmat team. He went across the street to a vacant lot with other firefighters. They were waiting for work or for something to happen.

In the next scene, Mike and I were in a car. Mike was driving, I was next to him and a kid I grew up with named Emmanuel was next to me. We were just laughing and talking with each other. Nice conversation--just chitchat. However, I felt very comfortable with both of them--like a kinship or deep friendship. In real life, Mike and Emmanuel do not know each other. In fact, I have not seen Emmanuel in more than 20 years. We are Facebook friends, but we don't really interact. At any rate, we drove past this sign that said something like 'green fundraiser' or something lime that. It was a bunch of sort of like environmentalists who were raising money for a project of sorts. They had all sorts of farmer's market type stuff. Really, it was right up my alley. It had sort of vintage-y knick knacks. Being that they were men, I didn't think that they would want to stop, but Mike pulled the car over. We walked around a bit together looking at stuff, but different things caught our eyes.

As I was walking, I saw this young girl--about 20ish. She was very pregnant. In her hands she had a blue boys's suit in her left hand an a pink girls' dress in her righ. When I came up to her, she said 'Boy or girl?' Now, her baby was carried kind of low. I know folklore says boys are carried low and girls high. I do't necessarily believe that, but anyway, that was important. So, I put my hand on her stomach and said,'You're having a girl'. She looked a little disappointed. I asked her did she want a boy and she said the doctor said her girl was growing well. At taht point, she made a reference to 'they' and her stomach looked like there were 2 small babies on either side.

I left and went back to looking at all the things at the flea market. I noticed Mike and Emmanuel were together. I started walking back towards them when I went around this tent. There was another older lady talking to the pregnant girl. She was telling her something to kind of expect when you are pregnant,i chimed in and told her somethings to expect after the baby was born. Eod.

Anybody have any idea what this means? I know Emmanuel means 'God is with us' so maybe Emmanuel in the dream represents Jesus. But why was the girl disappointed when I told her she was having a girl and she already knew she was haing a girl? Why the flea market? And what does the first part mean? I know it's a long dream--sorry. Thanks!
lainey68
Gold Member

Post by lainey68 »

Bumping this up--maybe someone has some insight?