Tsunamies

Archives for 2013
Zeph319

Tsunamies

Post by Zeph319 »

I'm familiar with my dream language and I can usually understand what God is trying to tell me through my dreams- but this one I'm struggling with. BTW, I dream often about waves overwhelming me, and I get that it has to do with my feeling that I'm about to be overwhelmed by something but I can't quite get what this is referring to because there is nothing pressing in my waking life right now...
Had a dream where my 13 yr old niece and I climbed down rocks to stand on a beautiful beach- I think it was in Argentina because I saw a melting ice shelf down the shore line.\\ It was simply breathtaking in beauty. Suddenly a wave came out of nowhere and engulfed us- I was so scared because I knew if I was struggling there was no way my niece survived and if she did, I worried another big wave followed that would sweep her out.

Somehow, I managed to find my footing, climb out and up. When I got to higher ground people were there and I cried desperately looking for signs of my niece, though I knew it was hopeless, sure I would see her broken body on the next wave.

The people blocked the way down to the beach from the top of the promontory, and I begged them to open it up and help me look for her.

At some point, I was able to look over the edge and see that my niece had somehow survived. She was upset and wanted to come up, but I wasn’t sure how to safely climb down and get her. She managed to come up on her own. But, she had left her phone and camera down on the rocks and wanted them back. When I looked down I could see her stuff. i was going to do down and get it because she wanted it back so bad, but I was afraid of the more waves.

a white haired gentleman who worked and lived there was suddenly beside me with his kids and they shined a light on the camera and phone. he acted as though he could get them for us.

I was relieved, though I knew it was too much to ask. As we watched the water, it suddenly became calm and changed from deep blue, to pearlescent aqua, reflecting the colors of the rainbow, amazing color! But the waters began retreating backwards, and I knew there was danger of another tsunami.

Before I knew it, the white haired guy was already down to retrieve my niece’s things, I yelled after him saying, "no its too dangerous," but he went further still… when the waters receded a second time, he ran and picked up other people's cameras and things that had been hidden under the surface of the water and not only did he move with super speed gathering them he picked up my niece’s camera and phone on the way back.
Laura3D
Silver Member

Post by Laura3D »

hi Zeph
Welcome.

The overall theme to your dream seems to be that you're coming into a time when you or someone you know will experience a "falling away". Being in a different country can symbolize having a different mindset or attitude. Perhaps this is the route you will be taking to thaw out some area of your life (ice melting & shifting).
Your niece being 13 may have bearing as the #13 can speak of rebellion, so I view your niece as possibly being a 'spirit of rebellion' which is why the Lord used a female (females often symbolize something spiritual). But you will survive this & God is going to bring you back to where you were. Cameras often are symbolic of the ability to "focus", or in this case 'refocus' as she wants her ability to do this returned to her.. and the cellphone refers to the ability to connect spiritually (cellphones use 'air' waves to make their connection & air is like breath = spirit).

I view the white haired man as wisdom from God :)
Tho there may be turmoil, the situation has a happy ending
be blessed
Zeph319

Post by Zeph319 »

hmmm, you've given me some things to think about... I'm thinking that my niece could also symbolize something else- usually when I dream about my nieces and nephews (I don't have kids) it is the lord speaking of the time in my life "new life" was born. 13 yrs ago, I was living in Korea and doing a lot of traveling, in fact I was coming back from Japan the day she was born.

recently I've had the opportunity to travel again (something I love to do and feel is part of my calling and ministry), in fact I'm headed to France in a couple weeks as part of a prayer team. This dream of travel has certainly felt "stuck" in ice as I haven't done so-- well, for 13 yrs up until this year!

Is it FINALLY time to "refocus" on this desire of mine?? :D
Last edited by Zeph319 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeph319

Post by Zeph319 »

and- that dream I had felt like it had "fallen away" and gotten lost in overwhelming circumstances for quite a long time. I was afraid it was lost to me many times...

Thank you! This was sucha big help!!!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy Zeph319 (BTW one of my favorite verses)

Welcome to the board. God Bless you.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

IMHO To me the basic message of this dream is fear not, even though there are some things that are hiding under the surface right now and gifting's/talents that might seem lost or not in use right now are really not lost and it is the Lord who seeks to restore those things which are seemingly lost. hope this helps.

in Christ,
Laura3D
Silver Member

Post by Laura3D »

Zeph319 wrote:and- that dream I had felt like it had "fallen away" and gotten lost in overwhelming circumstances for quite a long time. I was afraid it was lost to me many times...

Thank you! This was sucha big help!!!
Please accept my apologies... I should not have said 'falling away'. What I should have said is being overcome or overwhelmed as indicated by the wave. The ocean can symbolize people. So perhaps what is about to take place has more to do with people who overwhelm or 'pull you away' sort to speak.

Brian has some good insight into the items found on the sea floor also I see
Zeph319

Post by Zeph319 »

Laura- it's really quite all right- you got me in the right direction. I really was stumped. And I can see how some of my dreams (hopes) had fallen away or were swallowed up as it were by the alot of overwhelming circumstances. (Lost both my parents to cancer, ministry hopes put on hold, and a failed relationship.) But God is SO good. He's bringing it back and I am much more stronger despite my fears that all that stuff would overwhelm me and destroy me!

And now that you say it, as I minister here, the need of the people and the people I mentor, does overwhelm me sometimes to the point I feel I will not be ablt to take the ministry and trave like I dream of... so that all makes total sense!

My heart is intercession and prayer but I do other ministry that overwhelms the heart of what I love to do. I can see where I fear I will never again get to use it...

What an awesome way Daddy God has to speak exactly to where we dont even realize we are! Love that he reassured me in the end he's gonna recover it all!

Thanks again