Voice

Archived Dreams from 2014
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Voice

Post by bella »

Carla54 wrote: So....now that I'm ready, I can't seem to do it. Where is He?? :) Is this a lesson?
I don't think it's a lesson. Can't say that I've ever felt or noticed that God's teaching me a lesson. Not sure that He works that way.

Sometimes when He appears silent or absent, it's a timing issue. Always wanting the best for us, so He has to wait for the right moment.

When I gave up smoking, I did it by changing the habits associated with smoking.
Starfire
Gold Member

Post by Starfire »

I don't think of "lesson" as something punitive.
More like a revelation - a "eurika" moment in the making.
God would not show up in disguise however.
And I'm SURE with your fasting and praying, the enemy is more
reminded of his defeat and your triumph! Way to go!

Also just because you go back to something doesn't mean you are not overcoming it. It is a "process". Each time you are a bit wiser. You know WHO to turn to. You are more aware of the hole you are in....
A favorite 12 step poem:

“I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes me a long time to get out.

I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immediately.

I walk around it.

I walk down another street.”

― Portia Nelson, There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Excellent poem, and a good simple view of the process of conquering any sin or weakness.
Carla54
Bronze Member

Voice

Post by Carla54 »

LOVE the poem. Something I'll hold on to. I'll keep pressing in, it's all I can do. Wait for God's timing. Thank you all so much for all the insight, you've all been a great help and support. God Bless!
Roxy
Gold Member

Post by Roxy »

I too had a similar experience, with the mechanical voice recently. I too am fasting! I went into prayer shortly before bedtime. I asked the Lord if it would be ok if I moved out of State? The answer: I saw a map (looked like it moved into place). In the spirit I heard "Watered down. Next I saw a big green watering jug...more water being poured down onto the map. Then I saw the word : "WITCH" in the bottom left hand corner.
It was the watered down that sounded like it was mechanical.

Roxy
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

If it said "witch" on the map, then the map is a negative, and may represent a "watered down" version of what God's plan is for you. God may be illustrating for you by pouring the water on this map. The green of the jug could point to growth potential that will manifest when you see that the plan has been watered down by the enemy through witchcraft (which sometimes can simply be negative manipulation of another person)
Roxy
Gold Member

Post by Roxy »

Thanks for your reply underhiswing. The map came together as if a puzzle. It came together pretty fast. The pieces were kind of square.

roxy
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Ok. Knowing that, how does that speak to you .....considering the map is of the enemy?