Interpretation for a Vision

Archived Dreams from 2017
LiW
Bronze Member

Interpretation for a Vision

Post by LiW »

I saw a hammer. Wondering what that means?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Interpretation for a Vision

Post by bjcollin »

How did you see the hammer and in relation to what? Was it over somebody's head or was it in prayer for something or what was the context in which you saw the hammer? Context is important. Hammers as symbols are for building or for hitting.
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

Hi Brian, thanks for responding. I just saw a hammer. No one was in the vision. Only the hammer. It was facing left, as in the part that is used to hit is facing left.
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Post by eyes.enlightened »

Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?"

Left -- Spiritual: Weakness (of man), and therefore God's strength or ability ; rejected. (left turn = spiritual change). Judg 3:20-21; 2 Cor 12:9-10.

SHALOM & LOVE +
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

eyes.enlightened wrote:Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?"

Left -- Spiritual: Weakness (of man), and therefore God's strength or ability ; rejected. (left turn = spiritual change). Judg 3:20-21; 2 Cor 12:9-10.

SHALOM & LOVE +
Hi Eyes.Enlightened, thanks for responding. I don't quite get your interpretation. Do you mind explaining it? Sorry about it. By the way, do you mean that 'left' could mean 'rejected'? Thanks a lot.
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Post by eyes.enlightened »

I didn't get an interpretation but when you said that you saw a hammer in your vision, I thought about the scripture Jeremiah 23:29.

The Biblical Illustrator
Adam Clarke Commentary

Jeremiah 23:29
Is not My Word like as a fire?
saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
God’s fire and hammer

I. The word of God has power in it.

1. It is like a fire.
2. God’s Word is like a hammer: “and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces.” So that, whenever a minister has the Gospel to use, this simile should teach him how he ought to use it; with his whole might let him strike with it mighty blows for his Lord. Hammer away, then, brethren, hammer away, with nothing but the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The heart that is struck may not yield even year after year, but it will yield at last.
3. Now put the two together,--the fire and the hammer,--and you will see how God makes His servants who are to be instruments for His use. He puts us into the fire of the Word; He melts, He softens, He subdues. Then He takes us out of the fire, and welds us with hammer-strokes such as only He can give, till He has made us fit instruments for His use; and He goes forth to His sacred work of conquering the multitudes, having in His hands the polished shafts that He has forged with the fire and the hammer of His Word.

II. Illustrate this statement by noticing certain parts of God’s Word which have, to our personal knowledge, operated both as a fire and a hammer upon the hearts of men.

And concerning "left", I copied the meaning from the board Dream symbol meanings. I thought something might help you in some way. Left has several possible meaning as stated, but you have to pray and ask God what He's trying to reveal to you and what the vision means. I will keep praying and if anything comes to me I will get back to you!

SHALOM & LOVE +
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

eyes.enlightened wrote:I didn't get an interpretation but when you said that you saw a hammer in your vision, I thought about the scripture Jeremiah 23:29.

The Biblical Illustrator
Adam Clarke Commentary

Jeremiah 23:29
Is not My Word like as a fire?
saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
God’s fire and hammer

I. The word of God has power in it.

1. It is like a fire.
2. God’s Word is like a hammer: “and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces.” So that, whenever a minister has the Gospel to use, this simile should teach him how he ought to use it; with his whole might let him strike with it mighty blows for his Lord. Hammer away, then, brethren, hammer away, with nothing but the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The heart that is struck may not yield even year after year, but it will yield at last.
3. Now put the two together,--the fire and the hammer,--and you will see how God makes His servants who are to be instruments for His use. He puts us into the fire of the Word; He melts, He softens, He subdues. Then He takes us out of the fire, and welds us with hammer-strokes such as only He can give, till He has made us fit instruments for His use; and He goes forth to His sacred work of conquering the multitudes, having in His hands the polished shafts that He has forged with the fire and the hammer of His Word.

II. Illustrate this statement by noticing certain parts of God’s Word which have, to our personal knowledge, operated both as a fire and a hammer upon the hearts of men.

And concerning "left", I copied the meaning from the board Dream symbol meanings. I thought something might help you in some way. Left has several possible meaning as stated, but you have to pray and ask God what He's trying to reveal to you and what the vision means. I will keep praying and if anything comes to me I will get back to you!

SHALOM & LOVE +
Hi Eyes.Enlightened, thank you so much! God bless you!:)