wedding date

Archives for 2008
the kingsdaugher31

wedding date

Post by the kingsdaugher31 »

I've been dating someone since July. We're planning to be married this year. But right now I'm at a point of feeling that maybe we're not meant to be. We've had so many obstacles. Not necessarily within our relationship, but outside things that are hindering us. It's really been on my heart and I've not really prayed a specific prayer concerning it, except Lord, Your will be done. One of my girlfriends always reminds me that anything worth having, is worth working for.

Yesterday I was talking to God and all I really said was, LORD I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT PHILIP. Last night I dreamed I was standing at the altar at my wedding. My bridesmaids were walking behind me instead of the traditional processional where the bride comes last. Of course everyone in the audience was standing as tradition has it when the bride enters. My sweetie was not at the altar yet though. My Pastor was in the pulpit and told everyone to be seated. He was grinning from ear to ear. Everyone was happy including me. It was November 29th.

When I woke up, I was thinking, "November 29th, if it's not on a Saturday then that can't be my wedding date". But as it turned out I looked at my calendar, November 29, in fact, is on a Saturday. I'm not sure if this dream is literal or spiritual. Can anyone help. Of course I know I have to go with what I feel in my spirit, but right now, I'm really not sure. :|

Ps. If you don't have any insight to this dream, whisper a prayer for me.
The only way to freedom is letting go. - Jason Crabb
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

Getting married is a big deal.. as you know I am sure.
Now is the time to pray about it with your fiance. I believe that God will honor the time you take to do that with much wisdom.

I wouldn't say that obstacles mean you aren't meant to be married. Maybe it is more the timing that needs prayed about. But I don't know the obstacles either. :) So I could be wrong.
If you can overcome trials, now being single..then having one another as one flesh.. will only strengthen you to go through tough times together. Ecclesiastes 4.. engraved on my wedding band.. 13 years ago this June. Read it and seek the Lord. He will show you!
As you both seek the Lord together. God will show you what, when, where, who and how! And I believe that God will show you both and there will be agreement there. Confirming one to another.
Anyway just pray about it, ok? I know it isn't some grand prophetic revelation.. just some simple wisdom from an old married lady. haha.
Shalom to you!
Jen
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
the kingsdaugher31

Jen, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. You don't know how much you've helped me. May His favor and blessings overtake you!

Sonya
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

thank-you I recieve that blessing!
and also for the encouragement!
I am praying that God will show you both.
much shalom,
Jen
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

These are just thoughts: I thought maybe u were rushing ahead a little.... and that your SO (sig other) wasnt there yet at his position signified he was "late"... as in, not quite ready yet.... but that doesnt mean he isnt ready for marriage to you at all, just not in your timetable.

You were ahead of the bridesmaids and they are supposed to be ahead of you..... pastor was happy and so were u..... but sort of like, "things not quite on schedule".....

Please prayerfully consider.

Be blessed,

MW
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

Kingsdaughter,
First may God bless you with complete understanding and peace as I know He is going to answer you!

I just want to share my observation from your dream. I totally agree with the wise wisdom that has been shared with you already! You were ready, your pastor was ready, but your groom was not. You were at the alter! What is Phillip's relationship with the Lord? But although you were ready, things were still out of order. I think your feelings in real life are based on some major spiritual concerns and timing has everything to do with the outcome!
All that is within me will praise the Lord!
the kingsdaugher31

You guys are really awesome!!!!! You have no idea how much this is all helping me. :cry:

Sonya