Who is she?

Archives for 2008
Petrarch
Bronze Member

Who is she?

Post by Petrarch »

I have been working since last year at a local Safeway grocery store. Last night I dreamed I was at work. I was bagging groceries for a cashier whom I had never seen before. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and seemed a year or two younger than I. She was attractive. I introduced myself, giving my name and position. She proceeded to introduce herself me me, giving her name. She also said she worked primarily in the meat department at Safeway, but occasionally served as a cashier if need be. Then, in my dream, I got a very strong sense that I had finally met the one that God had intended me to be with. Then I woke up.

As you can probably imagine, I completely forgot the young woman's name when I woke up. The decription also fails to match anyone who works at Safeway currently. Her appearance, and this is an incredible stretch, most closely resembles a young woman who worked two very short stints as a cashier before quitting for a second time last week. But it obviously not her. I am very annoyed that I do not remember her name.

I could use some insight into this dream, particularly in regards to why I would need to let my job title, when the very fact I was bagging grocieries for theis cashier would automatically have indicated my position.
CarDavis
Gold Member

Post by CarDavis »

The term "in the bag" (informal) means:

if something is in the bag, you are certain to get it or to achieve it.

:)
page4of3
Silver Member

Post by page4of3 »

I has a few thoughts that I just feel I needed to share.

First the woman and her description may or may not be exactly what she looks like in real life. I know it's tempting to have all the answers all at your fingertips right away, but maybe you only have the first step in your path knowing that this "Ideal Woman" is out there and even that close to you.

Also the Store may not be where you both are employed. You might share another "work" with her. Whether it's at church group or a social club. The work that you were doing could've not been specifically where you get your paycheck, but another place where you "work". That also might be the reason you had to tell this woman your job position too.
That very day two of them were going to a village named Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem, and they were talking with each other about all these things that had happened. While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them. But their eyes were kept from recognizing him.
Luke 24: 13-16
In these verses, Jesus (the person these two were hoping to find) was unable to be recognized by them. At the time they were kept from knowing exactly who it was even thought they wanted to find him. It wasn't until they were ready that he was completely revealed to them. They actually carried on a conversation with him as if he was just any other ordinary person (Which he isn't).

In your dream you just introduced yourself to her. You didn't seem to come on too strong. This might be telling you that this is only the first step of this relationship and you shouldn't rush it or come on too strong. I'm not sure because I'm not a woman, but I doubt if I was that I would want a person whom I never really knew coming up to me out of the blue and saying "I dreamt about you!!! You're the one God wants me to be with! Oh, by the way my name is ...". I'm sure you wouldn't intentionally do anything to drive off the "Ideal Woman", but excitement can make you do some wierd stuff.

You might need to be patient and continue to pray that God would reveal more to you, because it seems to me that God was just revealing you the first step. I'm sure all will be shown when you atre ready.

I might be wrong and that may be the exact way she looks and she may in fact work at a Safeway, but it really did seem to me that God was giving you the first step (maybe so he didn't overload you).

I hope it helped, and I definately don't want to discourage but encourage. I mean seriously, if she is who you are supposed to be with that is truly exciting.
How sweet are your words to my taste,sweeter than honey to my mouth! ... Your word is a lamp to my feetand a light to my path.
Psalms 119:103,105
God bless,
page4of3
new creature
Silver Member

Post by new creature »

Whatever you've been praying about, or asking God....your answer is primarily going to be found in the word (meat department), and not up-front (cashier) in an outward display.

God works in the sense realm (things we can see with the eye...things up front and obvious), but he ministers primarily through his word.

Maybe I'm over simplifying, but to me it seems like the Lord is saying "The SAFE WAY, is in the meat of the Word".

New Creature
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

New Creature...that's great!

Sounds like all have given good perspectives here. Hope the Lord unravels your mystery for you!
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

I think God will bring your your mate this is God's Safe way. The part about you bagging and she being a cashier maybe God touching on an area of inadequacy in you life, and God is telling you not to worry about it.

That is what I see there.
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."
Mama table
Platinum Member

Get ready

Post by Mama table »

Before I married my husband I had a dream of a man I could barely see. I remember a few of his features but I was looking up to him. I was lying down. I knew it was in my home.
I had this dream 3 years before I married my husband.
I had another dream many years before that...
I believe God is telling you that it might be happening soon,
but when God told me these things it was two years before I met my husband.
God's soon is not our soon.
I could be wrong.
It might be sooner..
Trust God to show you the right one (not "our feelings")
I believe you will do the right thing if you trust Him.
Yes God can show us the right one.By his peace, by His direction.
Much Love to ya,
Mama
I love the Lord