Fort Myers, Florida

Archives for 2008
new creature
Silver Member

Fort Myers, Florida

Post by new creature »

Totally out of the blue, I had a dream we had orders for Fort Myers, Fla. IRL, we are military, and are waiting for orders to our next duty station. In the dream, my honey and I were looking online to see if we had any orders posted. The page notified us that we were currently on assigment (had new orders) to Fort Myers, Florida. We both looked at each other very perplexed. Since that was none of the six places we had chosen IRL. But nonetheless, we were ready to go.

IRL, Fort Myers is a civilian town. No army base anywhere near.

I know this is spiritual. Very spiritual.

Thanks in advance.

New Creature

P.S. IRL means "in real life".
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Well there is an Army base Ft. Myers Virginia near Washington D.C. Definately an interesting dream. Praying for an intrepretation.

in Christ,
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

hmm well Fort Myers is a gulfside, it is by Naples and Bonita..
about 12 years ago the people in that area that owned beachline property had to front significant costs b/c the water was eroding away the sand.. so they brought in sand from elsewhere to save the beach.
(I know firsthand b/c my grandmother is one of those people)

I just keep thinking that you dream has something to do with the ocean.. the depths of it and your relationship with God.. overwhelming you life.. (in a good way)

that is where I was going with the sand thing..

just toss what doesn't fit, but let me know!
Shalom!
Jen
PS.. Fort Myers.. I love that area!
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
CarDavis
Gold Member

Post by CarDavis »

I know hurricaine season just began. Maybe this is a call to pray for Florida, particular the Fort Myers region.

Military personnel are usually sent to an area hit by a hurricaine or other disaster, correct?

Join me in prayer.
new creature
Silver Member

Post by new creature »

Just a note about reassignments in the Army. When a solider nears the end of a tour, he fills out a request for reassignment that allows for three stateside choices and three overseas choices. The Army has always been good about accomodating our requests. Now, of course, from any of these assigments, you could deploy overseas for a "hazardous duty" tour to places such as Iraq or Afghanistan. But you don't deploy as an individual soldier, but as part of a Unit or Battalion.

Now back to the dream. I feel very confident this dream is not about our assignment in the Army. Mostly because Fort Myers, FL is not a base. In the dream, it was very clearly "Fort Myers, FL". Exact spelling. And I would have spelled it like Oscar "Meyer" had I been spelling it with my mental understanding.

BJCollin, I appreciate you showing me there was a FT. Myer, near D.C. That may indicate that our spiritual assignment is connected to our natural assignment by name. What that may mean specifically is beyond me right now. But I will meditate on it.

Jen, I found your information about bringing in sand from elsewhere very, very interesting. God thus far has sent us on assignment through the Army to churches who needed workers to prevent errosion in the body. In other words, our last two assignments have been during VERY transitional, and possibly devestating seasons to that particular body. Once it was shortly before a split, and the second was during a possible split (that didn't occur praise God!).

I found out that Fort Myers, FL is also called "Palm City". The Palm is symbolic of VICTORY....and "The human hand consists of a broad palm (metacarpus) with 5 digits, attached to the forearm by a joint called the wrist (carpus).[2][3] The back of the hand is formally called the dorsum of the hand" (wikipedia). Maybe the Lord is showing me what part of the body I am. I know I'm called to help (serve in any capacity) the five fold ministry.

Thanks so much for your observations. I deeply appreciate it from both of you. Both responses are annointed (I believe), and have deep revelation.

For we prophesy in part....

Thanks again,
New Creature
new creature
Silver Member

Post by new creature »

CarDavis wrote:I know hurricaine season just began. Maybe this is a call to pray for Florida, particular the Fort Myers region.

Military personnel are usually sent to an area hit by a hurricaine or other disaster, correct?

Join me in prayer.
Yes. I have taken this and the prospect of terrorist attack into consideration also, and have prayed for the area. The "Islamic Center For Peace" located there as well. Hmmm. Thanks for reminding us to be watchful in prayer.

God Bless you,
New CReature
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Some thoughts - Fort as a stronghold good or bad.
Myers is german and I believe the meaning is gardner.

From Behind The Name
Meyer (1)
Usage: German
Extra: Statistics
From the Middle High German word mei(g)er which means "higher, superior" and was used for landholder's stewards or great farmers or leaseholders (nowadays a Meier is a dairy farmer). Meier and Meyer are used more often in Northern Germany while Maier and Mayer are used in Southern Germany.

Meyer (2)
Usage: Jewish
Extra: Statistics
Variant of Mayer (2).

http://surnames.behindthename.com/php/s ... erms=meyer

I also thought of Joyce Meyer Ministries and if you were to sow seed there.

Blessings,
Joy
LarrytheDreamer
Diamond Member

Post by LarrytheDreamer »

I live in Fort Myers. Very interesting that you mentioned the islamic center.
An islamic center is being built right on my street (Plantation Rd.)

I will be praying for an interp..

Larry
talitha

Post by talitha »

Wow, interesting thread.

Jen, I found your information about bringing in sand from elsewhere very, very interesting.
So did I!

God thus far has sent us on assignment through the Army to churches who needed workers to prevent errosion in the body.
WOW, great spiritual insight there, IMHO.

I found out that Fort Myers, FL is also called "Palm City". The Palm is symbolic of VICTORY....and "The human hand consists of a broad palm (metacarpus) with 5 digits, attached to the forearm by a joint called the wrist (carpus).[2][3] The back of the hand is formally called the dorsum of the hand" (wikipedia). Maybe the Lord is showing me what part of the body I am. I know I'm called to help (serve in any capacity) the five fold ministry.
WOW what great revelation about your own calling! So many people want to know their calling but it's like finding a needle in a haystack, and I have a heart to help them..... I'd like to talk with you about how you came upon this revelation, perhaps on another thread? Would you be willing to share a testimony? I met another lady with a similar calling in Texas before I left the States.
Janice
Gold Member

When did you move here Larry?

Post by Janice »

He hee heee...

Larry, I attend Church down the road from you. Check them out... www.lifechurch.net

Ft. Myers is known for the City of Palms. Palms were used in

Matthew 21:8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed [them] in the way.
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.(KJV)

Rather fitting ahe? We are a praise & worship, prayer, and mission minded Church. The greatest Church in S.W. FL.!
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
Janice
Gold Member

Oh Yea,

Post by Janice »

We had 3 tornadoes here in N. Ft. Myers yesterday.

Hey, our Church is always looking to extend the ministry. Come on down!
LarrytheDreamer
Diamond Member

Post by LarrytheDreamer »

Janice, we go to the same church...I have been going to Life church for about 3 years.

God bless
Janice
Gold Member

What!!!!!

Post by Janice »

You mean that the Church has grown that big that I haven't met y'all? E-mail me and send a pic of you and the family. Get my e-mail off the Church member board. (J.C.) I know lots of folks by face, but not by name.

You know our Church is the tops! :wink: I started when the Church was on 1st st. It took me 3 years to join... but when I did... I just wished I hadn't took so long to join.

A thousand pardons for hi jacking this thread... It's not every day I run into a neighbor I haven't met. :D Praise God!