This one is rated "R"-not for the super-sensitive

Archives for 2008
Charys
Diamond Member

This one is rated "R"-not for the super-sensitive

Post by Charys »

As I was falling asleep I saw something like a short video. I saw a naked man rising up from a prone position. I realized he had just had sex. Then I saw him wipe the sweat from his body with a limp dead baby.

I was utterly disgusted and jumped up with a start. I was upset with myself for coming up with such a revolting image. I thought that it was a Satanic thing because it was so horrible. I prayed for protection and cleansing of my mind and of my room.

In the morning I was still upset and asked the Lord where that came from. He reminded me, "You asked me what I thought of abortion."

I was surprised that the dream was about a man and not a woman.
...that I might know Him...
desertrose
Silver Member

Post by desertrose »

There is more to this dream than I am getting..so hopefully others will say their piece...but heres what I get...

Retaliation against abortion has been mainly aimed at women - who have the abortions...but similarly - many men dont take contraception or abstinance seriously...the abortion "wipes the sweat from their would-be worries" by treating the unborn as nothing more worthy than a rag to "clean up their mess" I dont say this is of all men...but perhaps we need to be praying in through another door...the hearts and concsciences of the men. God Himself is a Father and there would be nothing more abohrrent to Him than seeing a "father" do this with his own "child".

I dont think this dream is from satan..I think its from God...are you an intercessor by any chance?
Be blessed and keep sweet !
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Charys--I don't think we really understand the intensity of wrongness with which God sees our sinful actions (thank God for the Blood!).

Why a man? I think because in the union, God always puts the ultimate responsibility on the man as the head. Sex (in my understanding) was the act of covenant between husband and wife established by the shedding of blood.

Rape--plundering
Plundering--to rob or pillage; to take by force or fraud

Abortion is revolting to God for it is the robbing or stealing of life. It's a FORCEFUL act committed against a helpless child.

Although I know the image you saw was horrific, I think you just saw how God sees it....wow...
grace_full1
Diamond Member

Post by grace_full1 »

WOW... I do think you saw abortion the way God sees it.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
~ Romans 15:13

Grace_full1
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

desertrose wrote: I dont think this dream is from satan..I think its from God...are you an intercessor by any chance?
Thank you for this desertrose. I am only beginning to realize in the past few months that God wants me to be an intercessor. I still need teaching in this area. I don't know anyone else in my church with this calling and I need to understand what this really means. (Our church prayer meeting rarely has more than four or five people and sometimes there is only one. The pastor doesn't even go. Usually we are just presented with a long list of sick people who need comfort in their affliction since no one actually expects them to get well and and are asked to pray that the board will make wise decisions about whether or not to get the carpet cleaned :( --ok a slight exaggeration there.) Do you have any recommendations of good sources of information?

I feel rather isolated at times. I am so glad to find this place. There seem to be people here who are almost as weird as I am. lol
odisraelchai
Silver Member

Post by odisraelchai »

Hello. I have found negative things seen in dreams denotes sickness, distress, or enemies invading my life, due to my waywardness, or just sheer ill luck. Anything bad in a dream is usually not indicative of something good, especially of a base character in any situation. Good luck.
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

Whoa!!! That's an intense dream.
The imagery God uses to teach us lessons we will NEVER forget!!
Wow! What a spiritual dream.

I would suggest to you the book by Rees Howells (not sure of the spelling) called The Intercessor. It is a good book and you may not be called to the degree or area that he was called... just for the present... he interceded for England eventually, but i do see that you have power in prayer in the areas that God places on your heart. The only thing we still need to learn... is how to pray as God prays.

cheers... Taps
by the way...where in Canada do you live?
zadokpriest
Diamond Member

Post by zadokpriest »

Taps you ALWAYS amaze me!

Love You Sis!!

Zadok 8)
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Charys,
Not sure exactly what but we're missing something here.
Praying,
Joy
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Joy, I can't think of much to add. It was very brief. I was not yet asleep. I did not recognize the man and I only saw him from the waist up although I "knew" the situation. Very shortly after that, maybe a couple of hours later, again before I was really asleep, I had a dream/vision about a friend on her way to Africa -about how the Lord appreciated her intercession, that it was a work of art to him.

Ever since I have been thinking more and more about how having responsible supportive fathers would make a huge difference in our culture, not just the abortion issue. I am reminded that God uses the father image so much and that somany children growing up without Daddies feel like God is not there or has abandoned them. I am so utterly dismayed by the number of children in North America, a land of plenty, who live in poverty -emotional and spiritual as well as physical, because of the lack of fathers. I pray about it, but probably not enough. It's one of those heavy heavy things that I need to hand back to the Lord to carry fairly often before I become angry and bitter and take up causes in my own strength.

I thank God for a super-responsible caring husband. He's stuck with me through a lot of stuff.

Taps, I live in a small town in the mountains -the real mountains, the ones with snow on top, about five hours from Calgary. (How Canadian to give distance in hours.) I have ordered the book you suggested. Thank you for your help and encouragement. (to encourage is to give a gift of courage to another :D )

And about the prayer meeting, because the Lord has been on my case about being more careful with the truth, I was exagerating a lot, not just a little. We do pray for deeper spiritual matters quite a bit. I'm sorry Lord.
desertrose
Silver Member

Post by desertrose »

Blessings Charys

Prayer meetings at church are very different from intercessory prayer. At times we may intercede to God on behalf of other saints or situations...but at times as an intercessor...we actually bear the burden of Gods heart....and pray that through...which is quite different.

I sense God is sharing His heart with you... to stand in the gap ... as Nehemiah or Jeremiah or as any of the prophets...pray this through...He will reveal it...keep in the word diligently...you will start to get an "attraction" to a particular prophet for this time...and He will lead you..it's an heartfelt intuitive thing...I cant tell you which prophet....because I believe He is calling His intercessors in different fields for different purposes...dont stop praying with your local guys..but be aware and listening for what the Holy Spirit might be saying to you....be led by Him and His Word alone.

Sometimes you just feel the witness in your spirit and know to obey...just obey. I did....was in one weird situation where I found myself at His call... procllaiming His Word above my city...from the first syllable uttered from my mouth to the very last...my car that I was sitting in was rocked and buffeted from all sides...like in a violent storm...either side of my voice all was still....war waged in the heavens eh?

God knows your heart..and your availabilty...
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Charys,
I mean we're missing something in the interpretation. At least I am feeling like I am.

Lord Jesus I ask that Holy Spirit grant full revelation on this vision. Holy Spirit we don't want to miss this.
In Jesus Name.

Joy
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

desertrose wrote:Blessings Charys

I sense God is sharing His heart with you... to stand in the gap ... as Nehemiah or Jeremiah or as any of the prophets...pray this through...He will reveal it...keep in the word diligently...you will start to get an "attraction" to a particular prophet for this time...and He will lead you..it's an heartfelt intuitive thing...I cant tell you which prophet....because I believe He is calling His intercessors in different fields for different purposes...dont stop praying with your local guys..but be aware and listening for what the Holy Spirit might be saying to you....be led by Him and His Word alone.
How about a really strong avoidance of one particular prophet? I have never read the Bible all the way through consecutively because I can't get through Jeremiah and Lamentations. I've told people this before. I don't know what there is about Jeremiah but I get so emotionally involved when I'm trying to read through that I always quit. There's something about his heart bleeding for the people and the fact that nobody would listen to him, and God told him not to pray in certain situations because His mind was made up. Jeremiah just seemed so hopeless. Pain upon pain.

A few years ago I joked with someone I was afraid I might be a "weeping prophet" because God seems to share His sorrow with me. They convinced me that if I was getting closer to God I should be experiencing joy, that overwhelming sorrow is not from Him. So I ran -and avoided reading Jeremiah fearing "this way depression lies." And I've already spent many years drowning in depression.

Is there such a thing as a happy intercessor?
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Is there such a thing as a happy intercessor?
What a great question....

Don't have time to tackle this one right now but I am sure you will get some great responses...

God bless you,

Manasseh's Warrior
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
desertrose
Silver Member

Post by desertrose »

[/quote]

How about a really strong avoidance of one particular prophet? I have never read the Bible all the way through consecutively because I can't get through Jeremiah and Lamentations. I've told people this before. I don't know what there is about Jeremiah but I get so emotionally involved when I'm trying to read through that I always quit. There's something about his heart bleeding for the people and the fact that nobody would listen to him, and God told him not to pray in certain situations because His mind was made up. Jeremiah just seemed so hopeless. Pain upon pain.

A few years ago I joked with someone I was afraid I might be a "weeping prophet" because God seems to share His sorrow with me. They convinced me that if I was getting closer to God I should be experiencing joy, that overwhelming sorrow is not from Him. So I ran -and avoided reading Jeremiah fearing "this way depression lies." And I've already spent many years drowning in depression.

Is there such a thing as a happy intercessor?[/quote]

bless you Charys

Sorry for taking so long to reply - I have been sick in bed all week and havent spent much time on the net.

I certainly "hear" what you are saying...Jeremiah has been wedged in my spirit for about 18months now and I believe it has been the Lord laying on my heart His anguish over the "adultery" of the western church. Jerry wasnt a particularly happy chappy was he? Whilst I understand what your friends say about "joy" which is a state of peace rather than "happy" which is a flighty emotion...some people dont realise that as an intercessor draws close to God...He reveals His heart to them...His pleasure and sorrow or displeasure....so that it may be prayed out or prophesied out..in the hope of bringing repentance and/or moving the hand of God.

I find very often when I dont know what to pray I go to places like Jeremiah, Nehemia, Daniel etc...and the Holy Spirit seems to give me a leading to pray....but sometimes even in the Psalms it happens...maybe start reading through the Psalms....just ask the Holy Spirit to lead you. God won't lead you through more than you can bear...He just wants to capture your heart and have you moving on His side and praying in the power of His Word. Happy Intercessors? Happy Prophets?? Hmmmm there didnt seem to be too many jumping for joy did there...but that doesnt mean we cant live in His strength and Joy even though some times we may feel burdened by what He shows us. Even then in His grace He tells us to cast our cares/burdens on Him.. so we are never left with it on our shoulders.

Think of it this way....When God walked with Abraham towards Soddom and Gomorrah...God mused with Himself...shall I tell Abraham what I am about to do? What a special distinction...not seen since Adam really... God the creator wanting and desiring to share His heart with His creation ....giving that person the opportunity to care and share back with God on the matter...Abraham interceded....thats the privilege an intercessor has....God shares and whilst for a time we might see the severity and judgement and feel the burden and sorrow....We have an awesome privilege to stand in the gap...honoring His heart in the matter and calling for His Kingdom to come.

Suggested reading? Well I dont support the Dominionism doctrine but Dutch Sheets has written a couple of books on intercessory prayer which I found very helpful even if I dont agree with some of his other theology...but there should be plenty of good books around. But I still think for this particular dream....the direction is in His Word and by His Spirit. There is also more to the dream I think...but hopefully someone else will enlighten on that

God Bless !!