This one is rated "R"-not for the super-sensitive

Archives for 2008
Anointed10
Platinum Member

Post by Anointed10 »

How about a really strong avoidance of one particular prophet? I have never read the Bible all the way through consecutively because I can't get through Jeremiah and Lamentations. I've told people this before. I don't know what there is about Jeremiah but I get so emotionally involved when I'm trying to read through that I always quit. There's something about his heart bleeding for the people and the fact that nobody would listen to him, and God told him not to pray in certain situations because His mind was made up. Jeremiah just seemed so hopeless. Pain upon pain.

A few years ago I joked with someone I was afraid I might be a "weeping prophet" because God seems to share His sorrow with me. They convinced me that if I was getting closer to God I should be experiencing joy, that overwhelming sorrow is not from Him. So I ran -and avoided reading Jeremiah fearing "this way depression lies." And I've already spent many years drowning in depression.
I truly understand how you would feel about this "being a weeping prophet and all". But if I had to choose I would do what God called me to do even if it means being a weeping prophet. In my eyes I wouldn't call Jeremiah "Depressed", he just cared truly about God's people. Jeremiah is no more a weeping prophet than Jesus was/is. The shortest scripture in the bible is "Jesus Wept".
And if God called you to care for his people like "he does", I don't think God would place such a heavy burden on you without giving you the proper equipment (the heart,patience, endurance, and the ability to be strong).
Let's look at the prophet who didn't want to go to God's people (JONAH) and I am not saying that is exactly on what you are doing. But whenever I hear people say that are scared to do what God called them to do or just not wanting to do it that is who I think of.
Intercessor are also Great.... We all need them. Jesus makes Intercession for us, the holy spirit is a intercessor!! Wow if God is calling you to team up with Jesus and the holy spirit to make intercession for certain people then........ Go for it!! Let God GLORY BE SEEN THOUGH YOU!!!
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has ANOINTED you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. 10> Signifies the perfection of Divine order
Anointed10
Platinum Member

cry/weep

Post by Anointed10 »

Jere 2:2 "cry" means in that scripture

1) to call, call out, recite, read, cry out, proclaim

a) (Qal)

1) to call, cry, utter a loud sound

2) to call unto, cry (for help), call (with name of God)

3) to proclaim

4) to read aloud, read (to oneself), read

5) to summon, invite, call for, call and commission, appoint, call and endow

6) to call, name, give name to, call by

b) (Niphal)

1) to call oneself

2) to be called, be proclaimed, be read aloud, be summoned, be named

c) (Pual) to be called, be named, be called out, be chosen

WOW....the word "summoned" is powerful!!! Thank God for Tears!!
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has ANOINTED you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. 10> Signifies the perfection of Divine order
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

[quote="Anointed10I truly understand how you would feel about this "being a weeping prophet and all". But if I had to choose I would do what God called me to do even if it means being a weeping prophet.

And if God called you to care for his people like "he does", I don't think God would place such a heavy burden on you without giving you the proper equipment (the heart,patience, endurance, and the ability to be strong).
[/quote]

Thank you. You are so right. When I reread what I wrote I thought also about a person who starts to rise up in rank in the army and then complains about assignments. And we are in a battle. I have had to repent of complaining and lack of submission to do whatever the Lord asks.

Yesterday I came upon a ticker on the corner of somebody's blog. I don't even remember whose blog. This ticker was running off the number of people who died in the world since I was on that page. It ran like the numbers on a gas pump. I just burst out bauling, not just getting teary-eyed. I cried and cried.

A young boy we were very fond of died in a accident recently and the grief I felt yesterday was like the grief his family had. I just thought of so many people not having a another chance to trust Jesus and I wept and wept. After I prayed the weeping lifted. I walked around town praying in the spirit. I was able to go on with my day without any problem. I was not overwhelmed with depression.

In fact, I was not absorbed in my own pain but felt love for the people around me -and for one particular teen who has recently turned her life around and is seeking more of the Lord in all sincerity. I think I felt the Lord's tenderness and affection toward her. I think the Lord has called her for something very special. I saw her as a lily made of flames.

Monday morning, after I prayed about being drawn to a particular prophet, I saw "huldah" clearly in my dream. I got up and said, "Who's Huldah?" I knew I had read it in the Bible somewhere. I was rather shocked when I looked it up and found out that Huldah was a prophetess in the time of Jeremiah.

Thank you, everyone who has responded. You have helped me enormously. God bless you.
...that I might know Him...
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

Happy Intercessor Here :mrgreen: the Joy of the Lord is my strength. :lol:

Though sorrow may last thru the night Joy comes in the morning.
Spoken as a prayer warrior who has had many late night dates with Jesus. :mrgreen:

This image ran thru my mind today. Wondering why the baby is born and limp. Thinking of an aborted baby as in all the aweful ways they do that.
? Spirit of Perversion killing children may be a spiritual death and this nation has aborted the children quit fighting for them just saying any old thing that is about S perversion is ok.
just thoughts of the day
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7