Huge man in my dream! I'm confused.

Archives for 2008
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Huge man in my dream! I'm confused.

Post by VigilantSeeker »

I have been praying for God to not let anything get in the way of my relationship with him. I’m beginning to think that when I am with my young daughter in a dream – it means that I am attempting to have a relationship with God “like a child”. Lately, my young daughter has been beside me, almost like she’s accompanying me, in my dreams. This is my dream:

It’s quick and fast. I am in my house, and I am with my young daughter; she just turned ten in real life. The house is very bright. It’s FULL of light. A huge man comes to the door. This man is larger than a human man. I have to look up at him. He appears to be about 12 feet tall. He’s like a giant. He’s also not very attractive, but he has a very sweet smile throughout the whole dream. He comes into my house, and I see him looking around. I then ask him what he’s doing and ask him to leave. Soon, I realize that he is taking everything out of the house. I think he is robbing my house., so I sit on my living room floor and just cry. I tell my young daughter to call my husband, and notice that this man cuts all the lines so I can not call out. He doesn’t do anything threatening to me, but I start to cry. I’m really crying. He’s on the outside of the house, but he seems to reach in through the window, and he takes a lot of stuff out of each room. I notice that the walls are really white, and the room is so bright, and I notice a painting that I don't even own---but I am crying. I look at my younger daughter because she was supposed to call her father, my husband, but she couldn’t. I just look at her and cry. I did notice that there are children in the truck of this man. They are laughing and jumping up and down. They seem so happy. It was an unusual dream and I would so appreciate any thought.

In His Love. Lori
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

I am really trying to understand this dream and wanted to bring it up again. Thank you. Lori
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

I want to bump this dream. I can't get anything on it. The only thing I can think of is that some man is robbing my spiritual house of all that I have. I'm confused, though, because the walls are white, the house it brightly lit and kids are outside playing and laughing. Any thoughts would surely be appreciated. :?:
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

I don't see this as a bad thing but as cleaning house to make more room for God... It can be painful and it can be something that we want to hold on to but God knows that there is not enough room for him if you hold on to them...

I hope this witnesses, if not please discard.
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

God bless you, NOTW. Many aspects of the dream were positive. I may be just ignoring those and not seeing the whole picture. I am going to meditate and pray on your words. Thank you.
HistoryMaker17
Gold Member

Post by HistoryMaker17 »

I agree with NotW. I saw this dream as an answer to your prayers but Not in the way you thought it was going to take place.
I believe God is taking things out of your life and it is painful, not what you expected. This is so you have a pure view of Jesus nothing in the way or blocking, maybe even some things that you didnt think were a problem and that is why you percieve as being robbed.I saw in the whole dream this Man was peaceful and children are considered pure and they were with him laughing and having fun. That is How He wants us to come to him with a childs like heart should I say? I hope I am not confusing or that it is making sense.I hope this helps.I think kit is a very good dream!

Cindy
Phillipians 2:10-11 ..that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven , and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord , to the glory of God the Father.
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

Thank you, HistoryMaker.
This is so you have a pure view of Jesus nothing in the way or blocking, maybe even some things that you didnt think were a problem and that is why you percieve as being robbed. I saw in the whole dream this Man was peaceful and children are considered pure and they were with him laughing and having fun.
Wow! My heart moved when I read this. You and NOTW are a blessing to me today. I am now looking at this dream with a WHOLE new perspective.
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

VS,

In alot of cases houses in a dream represent our selves.

The man your describing resembles an angel. The size, his actions, the light\brightness he brings with him.

Throughout scripture angels usually are very focused on the task they''ve been assigned to do which looks like the case in your dream.

Did the angel answer you back when you asked him what he was doing and to leave?

The part of the dream when you thought you were being robbed could be in relations to somethings you're holding on in your natural life that you need to let go of.

When God starts really moving in our life and he begins to shake us and take away our pleasures it will often bring us to tears. Not saying this is the case with you only talking from experience.

What did the painting look like? I wonder if God is trying to show you who you are and how He sees you.

Jesus explains to his disciples in Matt 18 that no one can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven unless we becomes like one of these (children).

I think this dream is a good one. Not totally sure about the kids in the truck. But I just wonder if your daughter represents your child like (pure) nature or is some how linked to the kids in the truck.

God Bless
Truth Seeker
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Gonna take a different approach on this since a different scripture came to mind. Usually when God brings blessings, He opens windows and pours blessings through them

The enemy however does this:

Joel 2:9 NIV
They rush upon the city; they run along the wall. They climb into the houses; like thieves they enter through the windows

Last night I was studying this scripture which was what I initially thought of when I read your dream:

When a strong man fully armed guards his own house, his goods are safe; But when a stronger than he comes upon him, and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which the man trusted and divides his spoils. Luke 11:21-22

That scripture puzzled me last night but then Holy Spirit pointed out these portions: "when a man fully armed guards his house" and then "takes from him all his armor in which he trusted".

Your prayer to get closer to God and let nothing stand in the way seems to tell me by this dream that He is pointing out that you have "false" armor which many times is a MISUNDERSTANDING of Him and His Word. God has been dealing with me in this same area since I too have been praying a similar prayer.

I see the children are happy because they are enjoying the spoils--things taken from you--good for them, sad for you (you crying in the dream).

It as a good dream in that He is showing you something that has to be changed in order for you to go up to that next place in Him.

The Troublemaker by Kenneth Copeland has been speaking many truths to me and changing what I THOUGHT was a proper understanding of His Word. I would encourage you to read it for yourself and ask Him to teach you the Truth. Manna reserve is a free on-line Christian library that offers the book.

God bless your growth in Him and cause you to prosper!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

Thank you TruthSeeker and Keilani. I am going to pray on your thoughts. Such different considerations. God bless you both for your interpretations. I will let you know after I pray for a bit.