Roots

Archives for 2009
RevK
Diamond Member

Roots

Post by RevK »

Dream I had:

I saw my pastor walking down a road, with each step she took, roots were coming out of the bottom of her feet, they appeared to go deep into the soil. The road she was on was cleared of all debris, no rocks, just wide and long. Kept wondering why she didn't trip. While on the road she never looked back, just continued walking with the roots coming out.

Thank you for any input! :D
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Revk...this picture made me think of a concept I teach called "roots or routes" (for a UK accent those 2 words are pronounced the same-hence the word play!).

The concept refers to how roots and rootedness can give us a sense of meaning and identity whereas routes can take us on journeys (physical or otherwise) which can also contribute to the construction of identity but in different ways....Abram with a rooted identity became Abraham with a rooted identity and a routed identity in YHWH....his pilgrimage to the promised land uprooted and re-routed him....

....mmmmm...maybe your pastor is on a new pilgrimage with Jesus?

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
beloved
Gold Member

Post by beloved »

I hear "DELIVERANCE" walking in deliverance, no trips for the
Lord sets free captives and give them His ordained path for
He is with His people. Goes to the root of problems. I pray
this helps if no identfying disregard. Blessings!
beloved~
Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will
perform it until the Day of Jesus Christ.
Phil.1:6
talitha

Post by talitha »

I read something this afternoon that reminded me of this dream:

When God allows you to test-drive your faith over and over again, you learn how to operate in faith with confidence. You become a mature and seasoned faith walker. Mature faith has deep roots. It is not easily shaken. Then person with mature faith is steady and tenacious. He has what James calls "perseverance", the ability to go the distance. (from Living a Praying Life, by Jennifer Kennedy Dean)
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

((Tal))

This is excellent!!

When God allows you to test-drive your faith over and over
again, you learn how to operate in faith with confidence.
You become a mature and seasoned faith walker. Mature
faith has deep roots. It is not easily shaken. Then person
with mature faith is steady and tenacious. He has what
James calls "perseverance", the ability to go the distance.
I'm going to tuck this away on my important files!

Love C
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......