shaving and lip ointment

Archives for 2007
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

shaving and lip ointment

Post by thesharpeningstone »

A man in my dream said that I needed to shave. I went to the washroom. He applied a large amount of shaving cream to my face. I thought it was too much, buy he said it is better to use more. He began to shave my face with a straight razor. He also gave me a hair cut using the razor. After he was done, he took some ointment and put it on my lips.

???????????????????

I have no idea as to the meaning of this dream.
Janice
Gold Member

Post by Janice »

It appears that you may feel a need to feel cleansed. The face is speaking of your heart. Shaving has to do with shame. Perhaps you are feeling some guilt about something you said and wish you could take back. Shaving of the head would be the way you think. The Holy Spirit could be applying a special anointing to your speech. Let your speech be seasoned... If you have already made amends with God over an issue, you can just chalk this dream up as a cleansing dream. Flush it...
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

I have another thought to consider on this one. What if the Lord is speaking toyou about preparation for encounters with Him. I was thinking of how Moses' face shined after encountering God. Maybe this is actually supposed to encourage you in the process of getting ready for 'more'. Happy thought!

kimibrew
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Which brings to mind how when Joseph was going to be brought before Pharoah he was shaved clean... I would think ointment would be a preparation of the lips to speak, even "anointing", but go with what speaks to you.
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
Janice
Gold Member

Post by Janice »

Only you can take this dream to the understanding. However; No one likes their toes stepped on by the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Just remember... it's your dream. :} I will be breaking this down to show you and others how I arrived at this by symbols and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit.

First, kimibrew... Look at this dream as a whole. It's about cleansing. Moses shine came from the inside out.... not from the outside. God touched his heart and it showed through and through.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.(KJV)

Yes, God does want us to shine with His glory. Remember, Moses was in Gods' presence for 40 days. Any one who spends time in the presence of God for any long period of time will shine for His glory.

Secondly kse, we are not under the law any more. Jesus would not expect up to keep this ritual because we are under His grace when we come before the throne of God. And nothing we do as a work of flesh can prepare us to come before His throne. We don't have to do anything because Jesus paid that price for us once and for all on the finished work of the cross.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.(KJV)

Jesus is our mediator between God and man.

1 Timothy 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;(KJV)

Your dream:

A man in my dream said that I needed to shave.

To shave the face mean to uncover some thoughts of the heart. Maybe thesharpeningstone conviction is working over time in the back of his mind.

I went to the washroom.

The washroom is for cleansing. We have no need to be cleansed if we have been washed by the blood of Jesus, by confessing Him as our personal LORD and Savior. When we mess up... we just simply ask Jesus to forgive us.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:(KJV)

Not Mary, not Buddha, not Mohammad... just Jesus! There is no other mediator between the heavenly Father and Jesus.

He applied a large amount of shaving cream to my face. I thought it was too much, buy he said it is better to use more.

Once again, the Spirit is speaking of the heart. He used a great amount of grace to soften up your heart so....

He began to shave my face with a straight razor.

...He can cut away down to the surface; anything that is not suppose to be there.

He also gave me a hair cut using the razor. After he was done, he took some ointment and put it on my lips.

He also wants to remove some thoughts that should not be there by the washing of the word, renewing of the mind by His Spirit.

And yes, give happier thoughts. Pure thoughts...

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.(KJV)

???????????????????

I have no idea as to the meaning of this dream

This was your words...before I gave an interpretation, no one had an answer. :} Now let the Holy Spirit speak to your heart as He wills.

Last: None of us have arrived. The Holy Spirit has a job to perfect and prepare us all for the coming of Jesus. If it offends us to be corrected by the Holy Spirit to get our Spirit back in balance with His word... then we act out of pride and self justification, One has to ask, who is their God? Self? Trust me... I have had my toes stepped on more times than I can count by the Holy Spirit. We are all human and will mess up from time to time. Not deliberately, rather accidentally. This is the Holy Spirits' way of correcting us and perfecting the Church... the body of Christ.
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

Post by thesharpeningstone »

Janice

I do not believe that this dream is about cleansing. The Holy spirit does not confirm your thoughts on this dream.

Kse

You words caused my spirit to light up. I remembered a prophetic word given to me a few years ago. The prophet compared me to Joseph when he was down in the prision.

Perhaps God has removed me from the prision and is bringing me before a pharoah. I also agree with the annointing of the lips to speak. A pharoah could be a modern day apostle or some government offical.

There was a second dream that night. I met a formal pastor who is both a prophet and an apostle. In the dream another unknown prophet prevented this pastor from prophesying.

I now think that both dreams are connected. It could be that God annointed me to speak as a prophet. The shaving of the face could be a play on on old phrase. "showing your face in public"
Janice
Gold Member

Post by Janice »

I won't debate the way you want to receive your dream. I only offer to help you understand what the Spirit is trying to tell you. That's between you and God. If this is what you be believe the dream is to you... no one can change your mind but the Holy Spirit. This dream is not to condemn, but to help bring change to a heart. The Holy Spirit gave the dream to you, not me. I'm just an interpter who is trained and certified.Our flesh boils when the Holy Spirit is dealing with us. No one wants to be told their Spirit needs fixing.... but when one get out of line, we get a check by the Holy Spirit if we don't get piffed up. Even Pastors get convictions. Conviction is for all who need it.

Wrestle with God... or wrestle with man.

We must not read into a dream more than it is and add to it things we want them to be.

(I met a formal pastor who is both a prophet and an apostle. In the dream another unknown prophet prevented this pastor from prophesying.
)

Sometimes, God will send another Prophet to a prophet in training to help show them the way. Perhaps this prophet was inexperienced in how to give out a prophecy properly; ....or; the other person stopping the prophecy does not believe in giving of prophecy. In that case, I would get out of that false docrine and teaching. Or maybe you did already. ???

In any case.... I have to end by saying.... you are right.... God Bless you.
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Sometimes the symbols the Lord uses are very individual and do not match a general system of interpretation. I've also learned that each dream or vision tends to fit as a puzzle piece into a larger picture, so the dreamer must weigh the message in tandem with the other dreams and messages he receives, and of course against the Word itself. There will be an unction of the Spirit when the pieces fit together. We must be careful about leaning on human understanding.

Pharoah could simply be symbolic for a person that has the ability and means to catapult you into your calling. And the shaving could simply be symbolic for putting off the past and readying for the next step. God will bring the fullness of understanding to you. God bless you!
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
talitha

Post by talitha »

kse wrote:Sometimes the symbols the Lord uses are very individual and do not match a general system of interpretation.
I could not agree more!

Let's remember to be kind in our responses to one another and also remember that the dreamer has the last word on the interpretation of his or her dream. Even if you are pretty sure you are receiving an interp straight from the Holy Spirit, you should humbly submit it for consideration. We should never give out an interpretation as though it were the Final Answer on a dream - we see in part, and we know in part and we prophesy in part - only when we see Jesus face to face will we know as we are known......

blessings on you all
talitha
TehillahDreams Administration Team
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Stone,
Here is what I see in your dream. Always take it to Jesus in prayer.
I see the man as an angel, he is grooming you for your lips will begin to bring forth the Word of the Lord to others for the lifting up and the exhortation of those that are His. They (lips) will also bring Words of Salvation to the lost. You face is being changed from Glory to Glory. As we become more and more like Jesus we are becoming a reflection of Him and are able to represent Him.

A word for you, be righteous and walk in the purity of the Lord Jesus. If you feel like you've messed up quickly repent. Give no place to the enemy. To be a vessel of His work we must be Holy through Him. He sees you and He knows you by name. Walk slow but sure, He is directing your path.

Be Blessed in Jesus Name
Joy

2 Corinthians 3:18 (King James Version)
18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Psalm 133:1-3 (King James Version)
1Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Ecclesiastes 9:7-8 (King James Version)
7Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.
8Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.
naveah
Diamond Member

when I was at church last night God gave me this scripture

Post by naveah »

Isaiah chapter 7
20 In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard.
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7