Ex not convinced

Archives for 2007
chica4christ
Gold Member

Ex not convinced

Post by chica4christ »

I had a dream that I was sitting next to my ex-husband on the couch and I was telling him all the wondrous ways the Lord has changed me. That I am not the same person and Christ has done a work in me. I even went further in telling him that I was sorry for everything that had happened between us and that I forgave him a long time ago for all the hurt that was caused between us.

His look on his face looked like "Oh, that's great" tell me something new. Sure you have changed, whatever. He didn't look convinced at all.

My mom then proceeds to be in the picture and tells him the same exact thing about me, but again his look is bleak and doesn't change.

This dream is pretty straightforward, but I think the Lord could possibly be telling my ex that I am no longer the same person, but he could be fighting the woo of the Holy Spirit? He's still blinded by the enemy.

~~~~Background
I was married to my ex for 4 1/2 years almost and we divorced this year in May. The Lord has called me to reconcile with him even with him having another woman in his life. I have kept my hands out and entrusted to the Lord. All I can do is pray and keep seeking the will of GOd and know that HE is dealing with my ex-husband.

Blessings,
Steph
Janice
Gold Member

Take this time to grow in LORD

Post by Janice »

Seems you are convinced.... and that is all that matters... Never mind what others think.... If God has spoken to your heart to go back to your husband.... then you need to trust Him to bring him back to you and wait for him... Pray for him every day. I have a hunch that the Church has told him of your change as well.
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
the kingsdaugher31

Post by the kingsdaugher31 »

chica4christ,

I'm wondering, could it be possible that deep within, you are somehow trying to convince your ex that you've changed, or that you really desire for him to believe you're not the same person?

Also, if God has called for reconciliation, let Him put it back together. Don't try to make your ex believe you've changed. This is what I call a "God" thing. He'll work on your ex's heart.

Hang in there. In the meantime, I'll be praying with you :D .
the king's daughter31
The only way to freedom is letting go. - Jason Crabb
chica4christ
Gold Member

Post by chica4christ »

We'll, I have had minimal contact with him only because the Lord has intervened and I've "HAD TO" or otherwise it would not have been possible. In my emails that I have written him they are very nice, coridial and sweet without being direct. Shortly or weeks after our divorce he met someone else and has been involved with her since. I know for a fact that he forwards all emails to her because their both insecure which makes sense being divorcees and never healing and being restored in the Lord to be complete. We seperated in Feb, I moved out in April and the divorce was finalized May 9th. He met this woman 2 weeks later and they became boyfriend and girlfriend in June....I believe that he has anger towards God and obviously still has not forgiven me. Until that happens and everything is put in God's timing, I wait patiently knowing that is what God requires. 1 Corinthians 13.

I wish I could tell him that I have changed in person but he wants absolutely nothing to do with me via phone or in person. he will only contact me through email which is SO impersonal. Yes, this is the desire of my heart, but I know in God's timing it will come about the day I will see him face to face. In the meantime my dreams are a source of comfort and God showing me the way to continue praying for my ex-husband during this time away from him.

I hope this makes sense and I didn't ramble to much.

:roll: