Smell of buring wood

Archives for 2010
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Smell of buring wood

Post by Counted4Him »

Hi all,

During Intercessory time as we were in the front of the scantuary, I started to smell a scent of burning wood. It was the initial thought that I knew it was wood then the thought fire came to my mind. Does anyone know what that could indicate? no one else appeared to sense the smell as I looked around to see where it was coming from. The Lords presence was felt strong right after. Thanks so much for any thoughts, or scriptures provided if possible.

Blessings!
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

I'm reminded of Rev where the prayers of the saints go up as incense.....

maybe these were some heavy duty prayers?
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

One evening on the back deck overlooking the lake my daughter Crystal and I were talking about revelations on bible scriptures...( we talked about God everyday and his mysteries and how he touched us in so many ways with his presence...oh how I miss our daily talks since she got married) all of a sudden the smell of burning wood(a very very good smell but not sure what kind of wood smell it would have been and the wood smell was very strong and pleasent) came up from under the deck and it was only in a contained area around us...I went under the deck and there was no fire...I moved around a bit until I could not smell it any more and then I walked over to where we were standing when we first smelled it...I smelled it again....my daughter also smelled it.

just thought I would share :)

Love Tam
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re: Smell of buring wood

Post by Counted4Him »

keilani,

Yes, the prayers became intense amongst those who was there. I see change in the last two times like it is becoming stronger and the Lord is helping us all to pray with more expectancy, Praise Him!

TamaraLynne,

My goodness, the smell was contained only I smelled it and like you I looked around and turned back at the side of me and smelled it again was very close of saying "do you smell that? does anyone smell that? but for some reason I felt to hold my peace and ponder on it after opening my eyes and looking around no one seems to sense so I continued to pray. I was just thinking also that the smell was of burning wood, it was strong at first but then it was light like it was flowing peacefully but as you in the one spot where I stood and there was others close to me but I would pray that the Lord was please with our prayers, thank you so much for sharing. One of the decons after started to say the glory of the Lord is here, and I myself relayed those very words after the Lord spoke. It's a tremberling (sp?) feeling of awesomeness when I think of it on my legs. I think He is bringing more of "it's all about Me" into the intercessory prayers, I can feel it, its for everyone, more of Him, less of us. Thanks for the lovely account, I feel happier now!

God bless you both for taking out the time!!
Shalom!
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Reminds me of the old testament sacrifices, (ya know when the priests would offer up burnt sacrifices for forgiveness, for thanksgiving, for worship, etc....)

Now (since Jesus is the sacrifice) we offer up the sacrifice of praise with our lips!

Awesome how the Lord shows up huh? :wink:
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hi Counted4Him,

For consideration ...

According to Kathy Walters, from the "Aromas List", which is a listing of what prophetic scents mean which is posted on the following link on her website, wood smoke can mean, "burning cleansing."
http://www.kathiewaltersministry.com/co ... ew/119/32/

Blessings,
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re: Smell of burning wood

Post by Counted4Him »

Lily_Rose_Song,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Very interesting about the scent and for the website's Aromas List. It shows Kathy Walters has extensive experience in the area of sense of smell. I have had a few which I agree with on her list (the ones I have discern in the past). Interesting how the Lord can use scents to relay a message. The Lord sure is awesome, just learning and trusting by faith that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide me through all truth.

God bless! :)