Unknown Man in Dream

Archives for 2010
mjtorrence
Silver Member

Unknown Man in Dream

Post by mjtorrence »

I and this other lady was sitting in this chair and this old guy came up to me and he wraps a white blanket around me, the lady that was with me had a blanket wrapped around her too yet she kept wiggling around she didn't want the blanket on her. As this old guy who was dressed like the fathers of old(Abraham, Issac etc), put this blanket on me I was at peace and I began to relax in this old man's presence, I was so relaxed that I began to pass out and the old guy smiled down on me as I looked up at his eyes. When I was awaken from this dream I couldn't move nor talk :?
Date of dream 6/1/10
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

Abraham and or Issac as you mentioned:

A patriarch of the Old Testament; a man used mightily by God. Believe the blanket is a covering over you. That the blanket is white, I feel that it possibly represents a positive covering. You said you were at peace and the old man smiled... Perhaps this experience in the dream left you speechless... because something of a spiritual nature happened... Just some thoughts.

The Patriarchs (also known as האבות HaAvot in Hebrew) according to the Hebrew Bible, are Abraham, his son Isaac and his grandson Jacob[citation needed], the ancestors of the Jewish people. Collectively, they are referred to as the three patriarchs of Judaism, and the period in which they lived is known as the patriarchal period. [wikipedia.org]

pa·tri·arch (ptr-ärk)
n.

9. A very old, venerable man; an elder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English patriarche, from Old French, from Late Latin patriarcha, from Greek patriarkhs : patri, lineage (from patr, patr-, father; see pter- in Indo-European roots) + -arkhs, -arch.]
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
mjtorrence
Silver Member

Post by mjtorrence »

Thanks Pearl for the insight I just know that I have not ever felt that relaxed and at peace in my life
Shulamite Bride

Post by Shulamite Bride »

I think the man represents the Holy Spirit, and yes, the blanket represents a covering of His righteousness. It is possible that the other woman represents an aspect of yourself. In the natural, do you have trouble resting in all that He has accomplished? Completely resting in His righteousness? If so, I believe He is showing you...and perhaps has convinced you...to completely rest in His finished work and grace.
Jubilee2
Gold Member

Post by Jubilee2 »

Hi Mjtorrence,

It could also mean an apostolic mantle that is being placed upon you. It was a patriarch that placed the blanket covering on you. It reminds me of the prophetic mantle that was passed from Elijah to Elisha. Well Abraham was the father of faith; apostles operate to a large part in the gift of faith. You were quite relaxed when the mantle was placed on you.

However, like one person said, there is a wrestling in your soul. A part of you is not quite comfortable with the new mantle that has been placed upon you.

Blessings,

Jubilee2
mjtorrence
Silver Member

Post by mjtorrence »

Hi to all thanks for the insight I am right now trying to understand what is a apostolic mantle, I am currently the pastors wife armourbearer a position that I tried to fight against, I even wrote a letter to God pleading for me not to do this job, due to I didn't want people in church to look down upon me or talk about me, I already have a couple in church that don't like me and I have not ever done any wrong to them they just drew a straight dislike of me. Although I wrote this letter God still put me in this position, I am not complaining as I did at first but now I am not because I want to do as God wants me to and serve where he wants me too.
Jubilee2
Gold Member

Post by Jubilee2 »

Hi MJT,

It is obvious that you have been chosen to be in close association with the leaders of the church. An armourbearer operates in close proximity to the leader and therefore has the opportunity to see them up close and personal and able to learn from them as Elisha served Elijah and learned from him. As a result the mantle passed from Elijah to Elisha when Elijah left the scene.

Blessings,

Jubilee2
mjtorrence
Silver Member

Post by mjtorrence »

Yes I have been put in this postion since this year, thanks for the insight it is very helpful to me, as I seek to understand what the apostolic mantel means to me