Gift of Knowledge while dreaming

Archives for 2010
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Gift of Knowledge while dreaming

Post by Counted4Him »

Greeting Dream Board Family,

Was dreaming I was in a new home of a Christians friend . The background was white clean and very bright lighted. I see myself with her and she is teaching me how to exercise the gift of knowledge. We are taking turns operating in the gift. In the dream twice I was learning the flow of moving in this. I felt my forehead open twice (this is ture as how I have experienced it in the past years ago). I saw two visions and saw a gentleman like in a jogging outfit. I then started to say what I was seeing and then I woke up. What would this mean or signify need Godly thoughts. I appreciate your time everyone. Has anyone experience operating in the gift of knowledge in a dream? because it felt very real the way my forehead open.

Because He lives!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

See other topic in questions section as well

viewtopic.php?t=22308

in Christ,
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

I believe this is an encouragement to begin exercising this gift. God is instructing you to open you thoughts to what he will show you. The guy jogging is a word picture for exercising your gift.

To answer your question, more and more I am having dreams with events and things that later happen to me. I have had it happen the most with dreaming about someone and then meeting them. Once I had a female friend who was having a historectomy because of cysts in her uterus and on her ovaries. I had a dream that she was sick there because years a go she had an abortion and that the shame from that experience was causing the cysts. I saw here the next day and sure enough 20 years previous she had an abortion and no one new but her and her husband. So of course I prayed for her. Sadly she still had her reproductive organs removed. Most of the words of knowledge I have had have led to emotional healing, only a few have led to physical healing. It is so fun, and beautiful when God touches people through that kind of ministry.

Cool dream,
Will
"Most heresy comes when men take to logical conclusions that which God has only revealed in part."
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Post by Counted4Him »

bjcollin,

Yes, I just read it thanks so much needy to understand and glad for the scriptures.

Bless you and Gods hand upon you and your loved ones in Jesus name!
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Post by Counted4Him »

Will,

Okay, this is also helping me understand. I get ideas but try to establish a well rounded understanding by the thoughts of others.
In the dream I was submitting my mind to the Spirit in the sense of deep thought and it started to open. So would it be fair to say that it can be "acivated" (not on command) but more cultivated to move by our submission to the Holy Spirit? The jogging guy I did not know if it was a person (don't know him). Makes sense what you say, like an exercise bike, also means "to exercise to me also" very interesting. I have had a jogger in my dream before leading a group of us in the scantuary. I also thought He was the Holy Spirit. Here I was not sure. Now that I think about it, it was just a picture of someone standing there in a jogging suit I saw inside the circular oepning.

God bless your friend but I also believe God replaces organs by creative miracles without a doubt. He did it when the soilder(sp?) ear was cut off and then Jesus hand was place upon his lost ear spot. Wow, emotional healing, one dream of mines was as such something was pre-shown and happened the next day you are so right. Now the physical like that I never have seen I was worry about someone and the Lord put me to sleep and showed me what they were doing, it brought me great great peace so that could be healing too but for me. Thanks for sharing those jewels with me! I really do like this gift and have experienced it only when the Holy Spirit felt I needed it at that given time. How would one exercise it? I never hear much on how to cultivate the mind for the use of the Holy Spirit guess by prayer.

Shalom! His peace and revelations upon you also!
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

I have found praying in tongues is like a gateway gift. Some times I will just put my hand on someone and begin praying in tongues and I pay attention to the front of my forehead(perhaps your dream is alluding to that). I cant explain why, but it is kind of like looking into the dark and as I pray I start to get little flashes of stuff pictures or sometimes written words. There is also an interacting with my inner man, my gut. Then it is kind of trial and error. I will ask the person if the image means anything to them, or I will tell them what I think it meant. It has led to some very incredible ministry.

I heard Paul Cain talk about it in regards to William Branum and he said that Brother Branum would literally have to go home and watch tv for an hour just to get his head out of all of the visions and revelation that was coming to him from being in meeting. He said that once WB was driving home and actually drove into a cow pasture and was driving in circles around a tree with his arm out the window saying; "be healed". Apparently he thought he was still praying for people. Paul said that things like that happened to him also where he didn't quite know how to shut it off. It is all very interesting.
"Most heresy comes when men take to logical conclusions that which God has only revealed in part."
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Counted4Him,

I don't believe I experienced the gift of knowledge the way you did in your dream but have experienced it through personal praise and worship time with the Lord.

One time at home I was seeking God and asked him to pour out the spirit of prophecy on me and after a couple of seconds the Holy Spirit dropped a former pastor of mine in my spirit;

I started to write down what I was getting in the spirit. The bulk of what I was receiving was that his church should start interceding again.

When I was a member of this church the pastor started intercession prayer on one Friday of the month at his church.

As a person who is very cautious about speaking in this manner to people I waited for a couple of weeks wondering if I should call him to share what I was getting in the spirit about him and his church, My wife and I bumped into him and his wife in the mall. I started talking to him and asked him if he is still doing intercession prayer and he said he had just recommited his church to praying for the entire month on their bible study night.

I hadn't been under that pastor for about 4 years, so it blew my mind when he told me he was just starting to commit bible study for the month just for intercession (prayer).
Truth Seeker
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Yes! Its (so far) only happened to me once but yes. I had a "word of knowledge", in a dream, for a friend's husband. WHen I emailed him about the dream and the word, it turned out to be accurate. It was pretty cool! That had never happened to me before (or since, as I said).

Neat, eh? God can do anything.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re: Gift of knowledge while dreaming

Post by Counted4Him »

Will,

Interesting, I know a sister who gets flashes also, and her son is starting to also. She herself gets words scrolling by as her eyes are closed. So it appears to be like your experience. I never thought of expecting while laying on hands as the times I have experience this I was not seeking anything but the Lords doing. Mr. Cains experience is some kind I never heard of. I would think that it would be in more control if it was from the Holy Spirit then again, I am not the Holy Spirit. I think not shutting it off would not be a good experience for me, wonder why that happend. I know that things happen differently so I guess unless you experience you can't relate to it. I am happy that you can share your experience. It helps me to be aware and to not be alarm should it occur in another way. Although mines yes, I am put to sleep and this sister also gets both ways including put to sleep. Thanks.

God bless!

Truth Seeker,

That sounds very lovely through praise and worship. I did have a flash during service it shot up the sanctuary ceiling and dissapear, I thought it was an angel for some reason leaving because I received three scents during worship but never nothing clear or visually seen yet. I understand what you mean about being cautious in your spirit about sharing, I think your spirit bares witness when and if you should. The times I have experience this I did not share right away and not with many at all. I saw it closed in my forehead and then it happend the next day to the T. God sure is awesome. I don't know why he chooses to reveal to me because sometimes I am not worthy, I get cranky with my kids lol but my heart does want to be right and I do love the Lord...forever. Wow, that is something about the pastor, God really is so in controll, don't know how He does it, but Hes God lol. I just trying to understand and I hope that if he shares with me He will equip me to untilized it in its proper way. It's I guess like BJ says its a "knowing" also.

God bless you!!

Manassehs_Warrior,

I know you love the Lord, I know everyone who experiences this has a relationship, and its for others, some in different ways. I did learn also that God transends time..like one that I had it wasn't a present, it was something that would occur the next day, like Will said. It's like a fast forward and then rewind back to time. I think yes, prayer is very vital always. I prefer for the Lord to give me something I will not wrestle with, I always tell Him, don't let me receive Nothing, thats not from you. Yea, it is cool He is so Cool, and I am humble He would allow me to see but you have to desire to see what He sees and be a vessel to be used. I think sometimes people tend to think, "well I never see nothing" they don't realize they are confessing what they say, so words have to "be chosen carefully" things you do as well. Like the Lord told me once, "IT IS about making the RIGHT choices and called me by my name". I think too maybe people don't realize they are seeing. Well, thanks for the insight, when I was much younger I use to watch a young Pat Roberson move in this and my heart use to crave to see and as a grade school kid back long ago I was so in awe with these things. Glad they are for today still.

May His peace rest with you and your loved ones and all!