2 men fighting and a deep well

Archives for 2010
charlie
Diamond Member

2 men fighting and a deep well

Post by charlie »

I was observing 2 men who were physically fighting together (I know not the reason). It was dusk and the terrain was rocky. I saw that they were literally on dangerous ground-there were crevasses and steep drops...they were near the edge. I could see that they were near to falling into what looked like a disused stone well when, to my astonishment, they seemed to throw themselves into it intentionally...

I was shocked and felt diffinitively that they must be dead.

The next scene I was breaking the news to children (the men's children i assume) and rather anxiously trying to make plans for the children's well-being. I was vaguely aware of the 2 wives, they seemed to be young/vulnerable and were desperate.

Suddenly I heard someone say: "Have you called an ambulance? They may not be dead and they need to be rescued." I felt ashamed that I had not even contemplated this possibility and had pretty much moved on to the planning of the future. Then I saw (as it were in my minds eye) or someone explained that there was a bar across the well deep down and that the men had broken their fall on this bar and were likely injured but not dead so would need rescuing.

end.

mmmmmm...

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
spiritledd
Diamond Member

pray

Post by spiritledd »

I heard "adultry"... please pray for these people...i will too.
spiritledd
Diamond Member

alcohol

Post by spiritledd »

I'm thinking alcohol was a major influence.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

((chuckles)) technology up to tricks again here methinks!! The last 2 posts seem to have re-directed from other post subjects to this thread...any clues?

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

HI Charlie,

I bumped this to see if The Lord has given you anything on this yet.

My thoughts..

The two men remind me of big horn sheep.
They originated from the Rocky mountains.

The male sheep fight over mating rights.

Competition seems to be highlighted.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
spiritledd
Diamond Member

i agree

Post by spiritledd »

I really got a strong witness from the Holy Spirit on "mating rights". I pray peace in Jesus name over these "big horns".
MJ
Gold Member

Post by MJ »

Charlie:

I sensed in this dream you were actually more concerned for the spiritual lives of these people in your dream as compared to their physical lives. It speaks to me of discernment---you will need this gift because the future will require Christians to have discernment in operation at all times. Deception is the mark of the endtimes and people are 'falling' into deception at an alarming rate.

I believe this dream is prompting you to pray for specific gifts of the Holy Spirit to operate more fully in your life.

Hope this is helpful to you---God bless you.

MJ
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:3

MJ
jackiebauerle
Platinum Member

Post by jackiebauerle »

Charlie,

Your dreams sounds to me that you see lives destroying themselves by fighting the among themselves. The fact that it appeared that they threw themselves over...gives the feel of full knowledge of what they are doing to themselves.

As a seer, It appears that you cannot no longer help them. So your focus changed to make new plans.

Interesting part is that greatest focus of this dream to me appears to be the announcement that they might be able to be saved. You FEEL ASHAMED. Then.....in your Mind's eye (seer) you see that they maybe able to be saved.

I heard the Lord saying in my Spirit that what you could not see before (in the mind's eye)...is coming with a new understanding and a passion of persistance for the souls of men.

May the Lord used this as he declares.....and may the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding and the unction of the Holy One arise greater within you!
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

piano wrote:HI Charlie,

I bumped this to see if The Lord has given you anything on this yet.
Thank you Piano! I think you triggered some insight doing this from the posts following.

The main thing which struck me initially was the seeming senselessness of the brawling and the peril they were in given the location. I wondered about the significance of throwing themselves down the well...instead of losing their footing and falling over a cliff which is what I thought may happen they seem to choose to throw themselves down the well...

The well is an interesting symbol:

1. a fount or source of provision (water/oil etc)
2. a well of wisdom/knowledge/insight ie abundance source of a given quality
3. well intentioned/well understood etc meaning
4. in good health

BUT this is what sticks in my mind:

A man made channel and store to and for Abba's provision

The rod which had broken the men's fall into the depths of the well could perhaps symbolise the rod and staff of correction, discipline and provision... essentially a tool of Abba's grace and mercy to draw us to Himself..

I think Piano, that this dream is revealing to me that I see very much in part and that I need to be very very attentive in these times to His perspective and revelation lest I miss the miracle of His resurrection in the lives of those around me...I don't know what situations specifically this dream may refer to at this point...

If we fail to see things from His perspective then we can become agents for the Chief Prosecutor...yikes!

Thanks for bringing this back to my attention....

grace
charlie
Charlie
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

piano wrote: The male sheep fight over mating rights.

Competition seems to be highlighted.

Piano
Yes...competitiveness can be so destructive and yet in the world we live in it has become the marker of success...it palls me because though I am very conscientious (I like to do things well if not excellently because I both can-at least some things!!- and should), the desire to beat someone else or get ahead of someone for my own gain and favour is rather weak. I find it distasteful, childish and frankly pretty ugly when I see it operating around me i just can't stomach it...I loathe it...its not kingdom to me...

mating rights is interesting because that is the chance to ensure the continuation of a given DNA..genetic blueprint...in kingdom terms I can see how we in some sense do battle to ensure the blueprint of God's kingdom is passed on...mmmmm....this has triggered off a thought....

Jacob Wrestles With God

22 That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions. 24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

27 The man asked him, “What is your name?”

“Jacob,” he answered.

28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,[f] because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

29 Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”

But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.

30 So Jacob called the place Peniel,[g] saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”

31 The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel,[h] and he was limping because of his hip. 32 Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob’s hip was touched near the tendon.

Of course we also know of Jacob's well

...I've run out of time this morning to pursue this further...but there is something sparking off here...feel free to join in with your thoughts...

grace
charlie
Charlie
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Spiritled, MJ adn Jacqui..so much to chew on...as you can see now I am really ruminating..thanks for taking the time to comment adn share your insights...each one is useful...hopefully will come back to this later...

grace
Charlie
Charlie
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

charlie wrote:
Of course we also know of Jacob's well
John 4

Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman

1 Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. 3 So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.
4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

THIS PASSAGE HAS BEEN SO STIRRED IN MY HEART OVER RECENT MONTHS...(((what a wondrous and merciful God we worship)))

I may be on a rabbit trail here...I don't know...but this is resonating somewhere very deep in my spirit...for we see in part and prophesy in part...but it is well for he who Sees all things has made a way for all to be saved who call on his name...

Here is love vast as the ocean,
Loving kindness as the flood,
When the Prince of Life, our ransom
Shed for us his precious blood.
Who his love will not remember,
Who can cease to sing his praise?
He will never be forgotten
Throughout heaven's eternal days.

On the mount of crucifixion
Fountains opened deep and wide,
Through the floodgates of God's mercy
Flowed a vast and gracious tide.
Grace and love, like mighty rivers
Poured incessant from above
And heaven's peace and perfect justice
Kissed a guilty wo
rld in love.

Laying down weapons of competition and domination Abba
I contend only with you for your blessing
so that the DNA of your Kingdom
Shall come on earth as it is in heaven
For yours is t
he glory amen.

grace
charlie
Charlie
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Awesome Charlie!

I DO believe in a sense this is a picture of struggle between the spiritual and natural.

The instinct is to take the bull by the horns, the natural man strives to succeed and dominate by his own strength.

Then the heart issues arise.
I see the throwing down as that surrendering to the futility of struggle.
God is with us.
He goes into the depths to catch us, and bring us unto Him.

I see Jacob as always thinking about his next move.
God is always knowing what it is!

Jacob is re-named Isreal.
God called him His very own from the foundations of the earth.
His Sovereignty reigns!

The bar reminded me of the rod of correction from whe I first read the dream. It is what saves us from ourselves.

Brings about a greatful and loving heart full to share with others.

Thanks Charlie,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.