Left Hand Cut Off!!!

Archives for 2010
servant
Diamond Member

Left Hand Cut Off!!!

Post by servant »

What would it mean to have your left hand cut off in a dream? I don't remember anything else about the dream, just that my left hand was actually cut off in the dream.

Thank you for any thoughts!

Blessings,
Mary
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Servant...in the bible the left hand can symbolise weakness and sinfulness so the act of cutting it off could be a good thing in that you are cutting yourself off from something negative (remembering this is metaphorical of course) or something which is holding you back.

However, if you are a left handed person IRL then it would have quite a different meaning.

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Charlie: I AM right handed. So in a way I can see what you are referring to, but I don't really know how it applies to me. I'm not sure what I am or should be cutting off, or if God is just telling me He is cutting something off spiritually. I don't have any addictions, except maybe to sugar, and I don't know what needs to be cut off.

Maybe God is saying that we will soon have an answer to where we are going to be living...maybe it's possible we will not be associated with the religious group we have been a part of for so long, could that be considered cutting off? Seems like it (and I hope so). Maybe it is more a reference to my dh than to me? Not sure...

I wish I was like Moses and God would just speak plainly to me, but I know that isn't going to happen so I guess I just have to keep plugging along and do the best I can to understand and grow in discernment.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

Big blessings to you!
Mary
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Charlie I agree with your interp....Mary in response to your comment about plain speaking, I too wish that my dreams could be easy to understand. I guess God wants us to seek Him for answers because if we were able to understand every single dream of ours, we'd all probably take on a persona that is not humble or contrite. We would have no need for help from others or God. It's still a nice wish though! Hope the Lord reveals whatever it is that the dream is saying