Preaching in a Shopette?

Archives for 2010
keilani
Site Moderator

Preaching in a Shopette?

Post by keilani »

This was interesting: I went to pick up supplies, got in line and an elderly African American man up front started preaching. My husband followed after him but it was more of my husband supporting him as if he was learning/being mentored.

Also interesting was before I checked out, I went to get fruit for the children and saw varieties of pears (one of dh's favorite fruits) that I had NEVER heard of and it was intriguing!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Mentoring jumps out here...and partnership

mentor
"wise advisor," 1750, from Gk. Mentor, character in the "Odyssey," friend of Odysseus, adviser of Telemachus (often actually Athene in disguise), perhaps ult. meaning "adviser," since the name appears to be an agent noun of mentos "intent, purpose, spirit, passion" from PIE *mon-eyo- (cf. Skt. man-tar- "one who thinks," L. mon-i-tor "one who admonishes"), causative form of base *men- "to think" (see mental). Related: Mentored; mentoring.

pare
"to trim by cutting close," early 14c., from O.Fr. parer "arrange, prepare, trim," from L. parare "make ready," related to parere "produce, bring forth, give birth to," from PIE base *per- "to bring forward, bring forth" (cf. Lith. pariu "to brood," Gk. poris "calf, bull," O.H.G. farro, Ger. Farre "bullock," O.E. fearr "bull," Skt. prthukah "child, calf, young of an animal," Czech spratek "brat, urchin, premature calf"). Generalized meaning "to reduce something little by little" is from 1520s. Related: Pared; paring.

a (1) : two corresponding things designed for use together <a> (2) : two corresponding bodily parts or members <a>
b : something made up of two corresponding pieces <a>
a : two similar or associated things: as (1) : two mated animals (2) : a couple in love, engaged, or married <were> (3) : two playing cards of the same value or denomination and especially of the same rank (4) : two horses harnessed side by side (5) : two members of a deliberative body that agree not to vote on a specific issue during a time agreed on; also : an agreement not to vote made by the two members
b : a partnership especially of two players in a contest against another partnership

hope something there helps
grace
Charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Mahalo love! The pare reference was great and definitely speaks to some things going on right now!! Lotsa love charlie:)
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.