friends dream about the church

Archives for 2010
godseeker
Gold Member

friends dream about the church

Post by godseeker »

church. The church was full of people all dressed in black going forth in praise and worship and the altar was full. As the people left the altar and started going back to their seats a lady came down the middle aisle clapping her hands speaking in tongues with her head bowed. As she passed me she stopped and looked at me and said "leave now, the bottom is falling out and it will break you" then she continued on her way. I stood still for a moment then I took off running out the doors and down stairs to the basement of the church and hid among clothes that were for sale. A group of men came looking for me...not to harm me but just to find out why I ran. One of the men saw me hiding and smiled at me as to let me know he wasnt going to reveal my hiding place. I then ran outside and it was night and I stood on a vent and told people who were gathered around me about the vision I had while I was hiding down on the floor by clothes...in my vision i was standing in a room with a bunch of ppl and the floor fell away and smoke was coming out of the opening and ppl fell in and the rest of us were holding onto the wall screaming and crying for those who fell in and for someone to help us. When I woke up I spoke these words outloud "the bottom, the support, the foundation" and I fell back to sleep in the following dream I was on the phone with my mother telling her that I knew what the new church was going to look like because I dreamed about it...ANYONE HAVE ANY TAKE ON THIS DREAM????
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Godseeker:

I do not know exactly the meaning of your friend's dream, but I dreamed something similar more than 10 years ago.

Here's the dream:

I had this dream 12 years ago after asking God to show my purpose in the church:

I was in the back of the sanctuary of an old style traditional church. There was no floor to this church. But there was fire and smoke coming from the basement of the church. I was in a doorway opening at the back of the sanctuary and there was a ledge around the side of the church that had broken in places. There were people stranded on the pieces of ledge. I would scale the wall on bricks jutting out from the wall that I could feel with my feet to make my way over to these people. One at a time, the person would climb on my back and I would make my way back to the door opening in the back of the sanctuary to safety. Then I looked down at where my foot was, and although I could feel a brick beneath my foot, there was nothing there.

It may all mean that the "traditional" church or "religion" as we have known it is crumbling. The foundations may not have been built on solid ground, which is Christ.

Thanks for sharing the friend's dream. ~prayers

Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi godseeker,

Perhaps this Psalm the Lord gave me will be a comfort.

Psalm 11

In the LORD I take refuge.
How then can you say to me:
“Flee like a bird to your mountain.
For look, the wicked bend their bows;
they set their arrows against the strings
to shoot from the shadows
at the upright in heart.
When the foundations are being destroyed,
what can the righteous do?”
I see the first part of the Psalm as a temptation not to trust in The Lord.
David went through this, when he was being chased down, hunted by Saul.
A temptation to fear man instead trusting a Holy God for deliverance.
Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

David comes to, and knows God is his foundation.
None other than Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.
He said "It is Finsihed" and we are assured.

Even when Saul tried to kill him, Davids heart toward Saul was always in line.
Choices Saul made only hurt himself.
He was jealous, envious and full of pride, but refused to confess he had sinned against God in disobediance, therefore God was giving the Kingdom to David.

Saul had rebelled against The One who had annointed him as king.

When God gave him the silent treatment, instead of getting on his knees, and recieving forgiveness and mercy, he sought out a Witch for wisdom, and to divinate for him out of desperation.
But wisdom comes from The Lord, and those who practice sorcery only bring lies from the enemy.

So why at the cost of ones soul?

I often feel sad about Saul's refusal to humble himself, because there is always restoration in Christ if we trust and turn to Him.

God warns, He provides a way out, He draws with bands of love.
Grace is offered, His mercies are new everyday.

The dream is a bit of a warning...so...
It is probably time for those who are asleep to wake up, lost to be found, deaf to hear, blind to see and repent that they may turn to believe on Him and be healed.

God answers to His Own and to those far off...
The LORD is in His holy temple;
the LORD is on His heavenly throne.
He observes everyone on earth;
His eyes examine them.
We can trust Him fully to keep us, just ask Him to, Amen!
The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked, those who love violence,
He hates with a passion.
On the wicked He will rain
fiery coals and burning sulfur;
a scorching wind will be their lot.

For the LORD is righteous,
He loves justice;
the upright will see His face.
Isaiah 65

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.