Cave, Rollercoasters, and a Big City

Archives for 2011
chewbaccabug

Cave, Rollercoasters, and a Big City

Post by chewbaccabug »

I dreamed in color - it was a house a big one and there was a basement and two kids had passed away - not sure if they were mine or not - met with the head guy and he told me that if I gave the kids bodies to him that they would be able to live down there and I could come and visit them (down there being an underground cave) - I was with someone when I signed the papers for them to live there and I gave the kids bodies over to them.

I was then at a theme park with the young people (which was across the field from the house) - I remember six kids that was there and a couple other chaperones - they rode a rollercoaster and they rode a water ride - one of the kids came over to me laughing and said i bought a soda for $.50 and i now have the rest in quarters and we took it over to a desk and the lady exchanged it for us. We got done and started heading to another part of the park and we were missing two kids and so I went back to find them.

I ran back to the house (same house in the first part of the dream) to get something and i took the garbage out and set it out on the street (I remember it being about 10-11 at night) and I heard the garbage truck sound and they had come to pick up my bag - I remember thinking while in the house that I had to be quiet cause mom was sleeping and on the way back I stopped at the basement and went down into were the kids that had passed were. 

The entrance way had black paint on the wall - there were lights that were lit. As i walked through the hallway there were kids playing and laughing and then i arrived at my two kids and they were laughing and playing - I watched them for a little bit and then left.

As i ran back towards the park I was all of a sudden in a big city.  Theme park was gone. Big streets, big buildings, cars, and people everywhere. It was unfamiliar and I didnt know where to go. I ran across to intersections only to see more streets, lights, buildings, and people. I looked around at all the stores and ended up in a food court and ended up sitting in a booth to watch and think and gather myself. Everyone that came aroun me spoke a different language that i didnt understand and my mind was racing as I knew I had to get back and find my kids because it was late and we needed to get home so I stood up and asked the people that had gathered around me, excuse and pointed like I wanted to get out and I jumped down twice and took off. I never found the group again. 

Any thoughts??
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello CBB, this is not an interpretation but some thoughts for your discernment.
...it was a house a big one and there was a basement and two kids had passed away - not sure if they were mine or not - met with the head guy and he told me that if I gave the kids bodies to him that they would be able to live down there and I could come and visit them (down there being an underground cave) - I was with someone when I signed the papers for them to live there and I gave the kids bodies over to them.
A cave to me is a place of deliverance, a place where God speaks. Remember when God revealed Himself to Elijah in a cave? Death to me in the context of your dream speaks to me as new beginning (shaking off the old man). Also, when I think of children, I think of Jesus statement of coming to Him in childlike faith. Perhaps these 2 children may symbolized someone doing just that.
I was then at a theme park with the young people (which was across the field from the house) - I remember six kids that was there and a couple other chaperones - they rode a rollercoaster and they rode a water ride - one of the kids came over to me laughing and said i bought a soda for $.50 and i now have the rest in quarters and we took it over to a desk and the lady exchanged it for us. We got done and started heading to another part of the park and we were missing two kids and so I went back to find them.
This portion of the dream brings to mind a group of people who are shucking their responsibilities and playing around--not being serious or dedicated. The number 6 is the number of man, which shows man's weakness/ shortness of perfection or not putting God first/lack of Him. I notice one kid came up to you and I believe that this child is symbolic of someone who will become "refreshed" (the soda) and find freedom ($.50). This person will have God's grace 5 times over; 25 is symbolic of grace upon grace.
I ran back to the house (same house in the first part of the dream) to get something and i took the garbage out and set it out on the street (I remember it being about 10-11 at night) and I heard the garbage truck sound and they had come to pick up my bag - I remember thinking while in the house that I had to be quiet cause mom was sleeping and
By putting out the garbage, it speaks as you getting rid of things that should not be in your life or overcoming a hinderance of sorts. Whatever, this "garbage" represents you will have victory (the garbagemen picking it up). I am not sure what your mother is symbolic of. My mother is symbolic of my church and I am unsure if this applies to you. Whoever or whatever she symbolizes, you do not want to bring something to her attention. I believe sleeping in the context of your dream, may symbolize someone who is unaware or oblivious of things around them.

...on the way back I stopped at the basement and went down into were the kids that had passed were.The entrance way had black paint on the wall - there were lights that were lit. As i walked through the hallway there were kids playing and laughing and then i arrived at my two kids and they were laughing and playing - I watched them for a little bit and then left.
In regards to the black walls, it brings to mind the old Rolling Stone's song "Paint It Black". This song was about a man in mourning and I believe that the black walls speaks as God's mourning and calling people to come get their healing and freedom, in which the cave is symbolic of this place of healing and deliverance. Also, the kids themselves and their actions is symbolic of finding true joy through Christ.
As i ran back towards the park I was all of a sudden in a big city. Theme park was gone. Big streets, big buildings, cars, and people everywhere. It was unfamiliar and I didnt know where to go. I ran across to intersections only to see more streets, lights, buildings, and people. I looked around at all the stores and ended up in a food court and ended up sitting in a booth to watch and think and gather myself. Everyone that came aroun me spoke a different language that i didnt understand and my mind was racing as I knew I had to get back and find my kids because it was late and we needed to get home so I stood up and asked the people that had gathered around me, excuse and pointed like I wanted to get out and I jumped down twice and took off. I never found the group again.
There is a lot layers in this portion of the dream and unfortunately I can only offer one possible layer. To me this speaks to me as you being place in unfamiliar territory and taken out of comfort zone. I am not sure if this applies, but the Tower of Babel story comes to mind. Babel is translated as "confusion";perhaps, you are going through or will go through a time of confusion. Additionally, I think this portion is the Lord showing you that instead of leaning on others or yourself, you need to lean on Him more for direction. As stated, for your discernment and toss if miss the mark. I hope this helps and God bless!!![/quote]