Roots growing out of people's heads

Archives for 2011
RevK
Diamond Member

Roots growing out of people's heads

Post by RevK »

Dream

Was in a large room with my former pastor (she died years ago). Someone walked up to her and showed her their head because there was a bump or something on it. She called me to come over to take a look. As we looked, the veins seemed to enlarge, but not with blood, but tree roots. The pastors wife told me to observe and as I did, the roots got deeper, but also growing up out of their head. Then leaves started to appear, and I remember pointing out the fact that they were not only growing but moving in the process. The leaves were a soft green. What I don't understand is that there were no branches, but roots. And why did my dead pastor come into the picture?? In the end, I saw people with trees on their heads?
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello RevK not sure about this but the 1st thoughts that came to me roots, fruits, tentacles and links of a strongman. The head area could be indicative of their thoughts; like the enmy has got a hold of their mind.
In regards to the deceased pastor, this could be two-fold: (1) a familiar spirit (2) she could be a sign of warning. I have had dreams in the past of a dead person and they were there to warn me or bring comfort. I am not sure if this is the case for you, so toss if it does not speak. I hope this helps.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Hi RevK,
The first time I read your dream about the roots, the "root of bitterness" came to my mind.

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Looking diligently lest any man shall fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled." (Hebrews 12,14-15.)

These may be my own thoughts. Please pray about it.
Blessings.
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Well the initial thought that came was how sometimes people get an idea or wrong teaching in their heads . . .

And sometimes, they, like the good stuff become deeply rooted, yet, as in this case, produce no branches or bear fruit.

Or could be indicative of people that are new christians that have the roots, but are not quite branches of Him at this point.
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Isaiah 61

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3