Hotel, Smarties, Drinks & Snakes

Archives for 2012
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Hotel, Smarties, Drinks & Snakes

Post by theonlywan »

I'm suppose to meet my aunt Sharon & cousins at a hotel. I tell my aunt that we need an adjoined room with a bathroom & kitchen. I go there ahead of them..I leave the house I now live in IRL and travel to a hotel which appears to be on an island. I check in & I think I know where the room is so I go to it but realize i went to the wrong room. I go back to the front desk & an old IRL friend named Dana is there & he says he will share a room with me. The front desk person leads us to the room = we have to go outside & walk along thru a swampy seashore with lots of tree roots & brown water to get to the building. Once in the building I go to the ladies-room & Dana goes to the hotel bar. I get a text from him that says "There's no Ale". I go to the bar & the bartender has mixed a drink for Dana in a huge white bowl. We are standing at the bar & Dana asks if I want some & then scoops some SMARTIES out of the bottom of his white-bowl-drink & gives them to me - I eat them & am intrigued by a purple Smartie which looks like it was used as garnish on the side of the bowl. I take a drink from Dana's bowl but it's too bitter for me. I tell bartender #2 that I want something sweeter & he mixes me a drink made with Sherry & water..it tastes much better! Then a female bartender asks if we saw the movie ANACONDA & says it was horrible. I reply, "It can't be much worse than the movie SNAKES ON A PLANE" ...Eod

Sharon=A flat clearing / Dana=God is my judge
This is the 2nd half of a two part dream.. but I'm putting the 1st part in the women's section.
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TOW, an island speaks of separation or being cut off from others. The swampy area and brown water speaks of some things that are unclean that you may come up against. No one says bearing our cross was easy or without trials. So I view the roots, swamp, and murky water as things and people you may come up against in your walk/assignment. A bar or pub speaks as parts of the world that has spiritual need. In your dream your friend is ordering a drink so he is in the role of a patron vs that of a bartender. So to me this could symbolize that perhaps things of the world is used for satisfaction or escaping into the world vs getting into His presence. So the bartender may symbolize someone whose teaching is fleshly.
A bowl speaks of a provision. Bowls normally hold food or liquids. In the context of the dream it is a liquid, so to me this speaks as something that is about to be consumed (takes over a person).
Ale is a form of beer and beer is something bitter. Additionally, poison comes to mind –“What is your poison?” when someone asks another what they are drinking on. Poison in Scripture means bitterness and negative words. An example of this could be watching teachings, reading books, or even the Internet. Whatever, this bitter drink could be you want no parts of it and recognize it for it is. Smarties are sweet and sour candies and the way that it was used appears it was an attempt to sweeten up this drink; however, this speaks as more of fleshiness than it does of a treat. The purple smartie may symbolize bruising and hurts of the past. Additionally, to be bruised means to be crushed; it could also speak of a hurt that is not obvious but very painful. Sherry is a wine made from white grapes. Wine can symbolize a new doctrine and it can symbolize faith as well. I believe the water you had with the wine symbolizes the Word of God. Another thought on the bitter drink with the candy is when prophets would eat a scroll and it taste sweet as honey going down but was bitter when it reached their stomach. So to me this speaks as chasing after things of the world (the candy) but left with emptiness and void (the bitter taste). In regards to the discussion on the movies dealing with the snakes, perhaps you are talking about the "big picture" of what is going on in the world. The female bartender maybe symbolic of someone is an evangelist or teacher type. Snakes can symbolize witchcraft and deception. So the conversation maybe in regards to what you both may have seen within various churches/minsitries and how many people fall prey to this.These are some thoughts for your consideration.
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

hi Newbie... makes sense re: the island as I am & have been for some time, separated & cut off. ... the purple Smartie & the bruising part makes some sense when I put this dream together with the 2nd half of the dream in the women's forum... so it seems the 2 dreams are somehow related after all.
I believe the female bartender was either the Holy Spirit or a Christian as she was wearing a white top & had bright blonde hair.

Thank you my sister! some of these dreams throw me for a loop trying to understand them & I continually am asking the Lord for more clarity so I can, not only understand mine, but help others more with theirs.
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

I pray you get a deeper revelation over both. Just ask Him to open up your understanding and knowledge of your dreams in what He is trying to communicate to you.
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

This was about a very difficult journey in which I had to surmount many childhood hurts & dark roots. During this journey I drank from God's cup.. He tempered the bitterness by giving me healing anointing & wisdom (smarties).

GOD did this Sovereignly.... GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST